This report provides a concise overview of the Fragrances market in Brazil. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, and the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Brazilian Fragrances sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Brazil\'s GDP growth at constant prices declined from a high of 7.5% in 2010 to less than 1% in 2012. Although the growth rate picked up in 2013 to 2.5%, it is projected to remain well below 5% until2017. Coupled with high inflation and a high interest rate, this will limit the potential growth in the Fragrances market. Despite this slowdown, Brazil\'s Fragrances market continues to be one of the fastest-growing in the global market and overall growth in the market will be primarily driven by Female consumers.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The most important market driver is New Gender Behaviors as Brazilian consumers want Fragrances that emphasize gender characteristics.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Brazilian Fragrances sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Fragrances categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Fragrances sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Fragrances categories.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Fragrances categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in the Brazilian Fragrances sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
- Direct sales account for more than 50% of Fragrances sales in Brazil. Operated by a large network of sales agents, the majority of whom are women, direct sales are important in reaching out to consumers belonging to lower socio-economic groups.
- In the Wealth Group cohort, both Better off and Hard-pressed male and female consumers have a large share suggesting opportunities for both the Premium and Mass Fragrances market in Brazil.
- Private label penetration in the Brazilian Fragrances market is less than 5%, as the presence of established brands presents a high entry barrier for private labels.
- Brazil\'s Fragrances market is currently the largest in the world after it overtook the US in 2010.While Mass Fragrances account for more than 90% of the market, Premium Fragrances have recorded fast growth based on strong demand from the country\'s increasingly affluent population. Low GDP growth coupled with high inflation and a high interest rate will limit the potential growth in the Fragrances market, especially in the Premium category.
- Modern day men and women attach high importance to personal appearance and grooming. With more women in the workforce, and backed by higher disposable income, women are driving demand for Female Fragrances.
- Consumers want Fragrances that meet their age-specific needs, often linked to a particular scent profile or style associated with a particular age group.
- Increased demand for Fragrances with natural ingredients, that are also environmentally friendly, have led to the launch of a number of niche products.
- Brazil\'s middle income population with aspiring lifestyles have shown a preference to trade up to Premium brands in smaller pack sizes.
Table of Content
- Stable economic growth, low inflation rates, large share of young population, and easy consumer credit availability driving growth in Brazil\'s retail sector
- High urbanization rate and growth of middle income population favor growth in organized retail in Brazil
- Direct Sales account for majority Fragrances sales in Brazil
- Demand for Fragrances exists both in the Mass and Premium categories
- Heavy Fragrances consumption is most common among Tweens and Early Teens in Brazil
- New gender behaviors and need for a novel experience drive fragrance sales in Brazil
- Changing age structures and Indulgence are other major trends in Brazil\'s Fragrances market
- Increased income levels of working women in Brazil driving growth in Female Fragrances category
- Unisex Fragrances to lose out to gender specific Fragrances during 2007-2017
- Economic slowdown to affect growth in Brazil\'s Fragrances market during 2012-2017
- Female Fragrances is the dominant category in the Brazilian Fragrances market
Brands and Private Labels
- Mass Fragrance ranges offered by renowned brands holds off Private Label penetration
- Higher growth of Private Label unlikely to alter market share of major brands during the forecast period
- Avon is the largest selling Fragrances brand in Brazil
- Glass packaging is the most common type of Fragrances packaging in Brazil
- Eye-catching design and innovation using the latest technology will be increasingly employed as part of brand identity of Fragrances
Future Outlookfour key trends in Brazil\'s Fragrances sector
- Brazil\'s aspiring middle income population to drive demand for Premium Fragrances while Female Fragrances category will continue to lead growth in the overall market
Appendix and Summary Methodology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.