M&A in TMT-2019 round-up-Thematic research
- April 2020
- 67 pages
If you really want to understand the themes that drive an industry, just look at the list of recent mergers and acquisitions (M&A). In this report, we analyze how disruptive themes have been driving M&A activity over the last five years, assess the impact of COVID-19 on the M&A market, provide an overview of M&A activity across the TMT industry over the last five years, before highlighting potential takeover targets, explaining who is likely to buy them and why.
The main themes that drove M&A activity across the technology, media, and telecoms (TMT) industry in 2019 were artificial intelligence (AI), the internet of things (IoT), cloud, healthtech, fintech, big data, internet TV, and robotics.
In the first quarter of 2020, a total of 150 M&A deals with a transaction value greater than $50m were announced. Their combined transaction value was $119.2bn, which was flat compared to Q4 2019, but 26% down on the same quarter last year. In Q2 2020, we expect total deal values to slow materially.
- This report provides an overview of merger and acquisitions activity in the global TMT market.
- It assesses the impact of COVID-19 on the M&A market
- It identifies the M&A deals announced in the TMT market over the last five years and highlights potential acquisition targets that are likely to be acquired over the next three years.
- The report provides a comprehensive sector-by-sector analysis of themes driving the key M&A deals across each sector in the past five years.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides an overview of the mergers and acquisitions in TMT market.
- It identifies the key themes driving the M&A deals in the TMT market.
- The report highlights comprehensive thematic rationales for the key M&A deals announced over the last five years.
- It also highlights companies from across the TMT sector that are likely to be acquisition targets over the next three years, as well as identifying potential acquirers.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.