The telecommunications market in Italy will generate $26.6bn (€25.3bn) in service revenue in 2016. Telecom service revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.1% during 2015-2020, driven by growth in mobile data, fixed VoIP, fixed broadband and pay-TV. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment, registering a CAGR of 8.1% over 2015-2020, followed by fixed broadband (7.4%). To offset the decline in traditional fixed and mobile voice and messaging services, operators are focusing on increasing broadband penetration and mobile data, which will be driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband services, paving the way for potential growth areas including M2M and mobile payment services. Going forward, operators should focus on fixed/mobile convergence to retain customers and increase spend per household. Increasing investments by operators on high-speed networks will offer opportunities for network and equipment vendors. Increasing consolidation in the market will further intensify competition, unlocking new revenue streams for operators.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Italy will decline by 6.1% over 2015-2016 to reach $26.6bn (€25.3bn) in 2016.· From 2015 to 2020, the telecommunications market in Italy will see service revenue grow at a CAGR of 2.1%, boosted mainly by mobile and fixed data segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 56.9% of total telecom revenue in 2020. Mobile data will be an important driver behind this trend, as it will expand at a CAGR of 8.1% during 2015-2020.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue to reach 46.4% in 2016 and increase to 58.3% in 2020.
- The Italian telecom market will be dominated by Telecom Italia as the leading mobile and fixed line operator, followed by Vodafone Italy and WIND Italy. The presence of alternate operators and M&A activity in the country will further intensify competition.
“Italy: Broadband Initiatives and Enhancement of Service and Content Offerings Are Key to Driving Revenue Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Italy today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Italian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Italy compared with other countries in the Western European region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Italy.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data and pay-TV.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Italy’s telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Italy, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Italy’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer’s demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Italy.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Italy.
Table of Contents
Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Overall market opportunities
List of Table
List of Chart
Italy telecom market size and growth prospects in a regional context, 2015E
Regulatory structure and policy
Major telecommunications policy issues
Italy communications market revenue , 2013-2020, US$
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020, US$
Italy communications market revenue , 2013-2020, €
Segment revenue CAGRs, 2015-2020, €
Segment revenues 2013-2020
Service revenue mix: voice, data & video, 2015, 2020
Service revenue mix: fixed & mobile, 2015, 2020
Service revenue by operator, 2015
Key telecom market players
Major telecommunications market players
Mobile subscriptions and penetration, 2013-2020
Key mobile market indicators, 2015
Mobile data revenue mix, 2015, 2020
Total mobile ARPS; data percentage of total mobile ARPS, 2013–2020
Mobile market shares by subscriptions, 2013-2020
Mobile subscriptions by technology family, 2013-2020
Fixed-line penetration of population, 2013-2020
Key fixed market indicators, 2015
Fixed voice revenue, 2013-2020
Internet revenue, 2013-2020
Fixed market shares by service, 2015
Fixed access lines by technology, 2015, 2020
Pay-TV subscriptions by technology, 2013-2020
Opportunities in the Italian telecommunications market
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.