Irish Moss Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
- December 2039
- 0 pages
Irish Moss is a kind of red algae grown mostly in western parts of the world, mainly along the Atlantic coast of Europe and North America. It is a dichotomously bushy branched alga with blades tapering into a disc-shaped holdfast.
Its availability in nature varies, depending on the climatic conditions, and it is available in various colors and various color intensities of greenish-yellow, red and purple-brown. Irish moss serves as an essential source for carrageenan production.
North America will continue to sustain its dominant position in the Irish Moss market with Canada being a major producer. Irish Moss is categorized under red seaweeds. Other major producers of Irish Moss include France and Ireland. Irish Moss is majorly used in North America due to its unique functional properties and broader applications. Carrageenan production further adds to this robust end-use potential of Irish Moss. Increasing importance of marine plants and seaweeds as a raw material for food and beverages production will support the Irish Moss market during the forecast period.
Reasons for Covering this Title
The rise in industrial applications of multifunctional and nutritional marine plants is driving higher demand for Irish moss. In ancient times, Irish moss was used during food scarcity by the Irish. Among various available forms, quality and source of seaweed are vital while making purchasing decisions for Irish moss. This seaweed is nutritionally important as it contains 83% of all essential nutrients, including vitamins A, D, E, F and K. Irish moss serves as an excellent source of various minerals, including calcium, potassium, iodine as well as sulphur. Additionally, Irish moss has healing powers in case of radiation poisoning. The above-mentioned criteria has opened up opportunities for the use of Irish moss in dietary supplements. Its vitamin- and antioxidant-rich content, along with its anti-viral properties, has encouraged cosmetic manufacturers, specifically skin care product manufacturers to include Irish moss in skin creams. That apart, its mucilaginous body structure (55%) makes it an ideal source for carrageenan production.
The intricate structure of Irish moss is vulnerable to higher weed growth, leading to weed control complex. Concerns over labeling and food safety issues might lead to limited growth potential of Irish moss to an extent.
Global Irish Moss: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global Irish Moss market has been segmented as –
On the basis of form, the global Irish Moss market has been segmented as –
On the basis of nature, the global Irish Moss market has been segmented as –
On the basis of application, the global Irish Moss market has been segmented as –
- Clarifying agent
- Thickener and Binding agent
- Softening and Cleansing agent
- Detoxifying agent
- Antimicrobial and antiviral agent and
On the basis of End-Use, the global Irish Moss market has been segmented as –
- Food and Beverages
- Carrageenan production
- Bakery and Snacks
- Frozen Dessert
- Dairy Products
- Soups and Stews
- Dips and Raw Desserts
- Dietary Supplements
- Personal Care Products
Global Irish Moss Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Irish Moss market are Starwest Botanicals, Lipotec, Red's Kitchen Sink, Gaia Herbs, Brouwland, Angelina Organic Skincare, Brupaks Brewing Products, Seatech Bioproducts Corp and others.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Increase in consumer awareness about Irish moss and its benefits across various social media platforms will encourage sales of Irish moss products over the forecast period. Rise in use of android phones, internet users and vast knowledge sharing across various platforms including landscaping, indoor gardening is likely to support Irish moss supply at household levels to a greater extent.
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product type, form, and nature, application and end-use product segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
An overview of the Irish Moss market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Irish Moss market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends of Irish Moss
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Irish Moss market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand of Irish Moss, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the Irish Moss market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Irish Moss market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.