Ireland Retail Banking 2020-Review, Forecasts, and Future Opportunities
- March 2021
- 34 pages
This report explores trends in the Irish retail banking sector and provides insight into consumer preferences and behaviors. It highlights some of the most important data points available on the performance of the sector compared to other markets as well as the performance and perception of firms within the industry. New trends and innovations are also noted, as are the implications of COVID-19 for the sector.
Growth in the Irish retail banking sector has been moderate over the past decade, having been significantly impacted by the global financial crisis. Until 2020, economic growth in Ireland had been strong following a deflationary period in 2016-17. The countrys pro-business environment has supported the economy and made Ireland home to many multinational companies. COVID-19 significantly altered trajectories in 2020, although a strong recovery is expected in 2021. Brexit negotiations also threatened business and consumer confidence in Ireland and its surrounding markets, but the avoidance of a no-deal scenario has buoyed confidence.
- Credit card market share concentration among the five largest banks in Ireland rose 3 percentage points over 2010-19 as the likes of AIB and Bank of Ireland grew their market shares.
- AIB has made digital a key focus of its strategic goals, creating a comprehensive digital ecosystem based on cloud banking.
- Less affluent consumers in Ireland are most inclined to value ease and convenience.
- The importance placed on banks with branch services or established reputations has decreased considerably in Ireland - more so than in comparable markets.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share, as well as consumer perceptions of competitors performance.
- Learn about how channel preferences have evolved in recent years.
- Discover changes in attitudes towards digital-only banks.
- Explore the importance placed on the various attributes of financial services providers analyzed by age and income.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020