Insurance Global Industry Almanac 2017
- December 2017
- 736 pages
Global Insurance industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- The insurance market consists of the non-life insurance sector and the life insurance sector. The value of the market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes.
- The life insurance sector consists of mortality protection and annuity.
- The non-life insurance sector consists of accident and health, and property and casualty insurance segments.
- All currency conversions have been calculated at constant annual 2016 average exchange rates.
- The global insurance market had total gross written premiums of $4,609.3bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% between 2012 and 2016.
- The life insurance segment was the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total gross written premiums of $2,563.0bn, equivalent to 55.6% of the market's overall value.
- The rapid emergence of the Asia-Pacific market, and particularly of the Chinese market, has largely contributed to the growth of the global market in recent years. This contribution becomes more apparent from the fact that developed markets such as the European and the US have grown below the global average since demand is constrained by high penetration of insurance products. Additionally, the low interest environment, especially in Europe, has reduced the investment income of insurers, limiting the underwriting capacity of insurers and their price flexibility on premiums. Most importantly, the life insurance segment was hurt most by this relaxed monetary policy as the reduced returns of these products have induced lower guarantees that are less attractive for consumers.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global insurance market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global insurance market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key insurance market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global insurance market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global insurance market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global insurance market?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.