Insurance Company Profile: Swiss Re
Swiss Re is a wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance, and other risk transfer solutions. It serves insurance companies, mid- to large-sized corporations, and the public sector. The group operates across four business segments: property and casualty reinsurance, life and health reinsurance, Corporate Solutions, and Life Capital. It has a presence in more than 30 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Americas, and Africa, with 80 offices and 14,500 employees.
This profile offers a review of Swiss Re, including its business structure and strategy, its financial performance, and its marketing and distribution activities, before concluding with a SWOT analysis.
Key Questions Answered
- What are Swiss Res strengths and weaknesses?
- What opportunities and challenges will the company face going forward?
- How is it investing in technology?
- Swiss Res business strategy is centered on four key components: capital allocation, broadening its client base, optimizing resource allocation, and emphasizing differentiation.
- Swiss Res technology strategy is a key part of its overall business strategy, and is executed through in-house developments and external partnerships. Its insights allow the group to partner with clients and create solutions to secure access to new risk pools.
- In 2017 the group generated $34,775m in GWP, down from $35,622m in 2016. Over 47.6% of Swiss Res GWP came from the property and casualty reinsurance segment.
Reasons to buy
- Learn about Swiss Res organizational structure and its core business segments.
- Gain insight into its underwriting and distribution strategy.
- Understand the group's advertising strategy.
Table of Contents
A Global Overview
What Does Swiss Re Do?
Swiss Re InsurTech Accelerator
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.