Insurance Company Profile: Munich Re
Munich Re is a Germany-based multinational corporation that provides insurance, risk management, and reinsurance services worldwide. It is the second-largest reinsurance company in the world, providing both life and non-life reinsurance services. The group also provides life, health, and property casualty insurance through ERGO and other smaller brands. In addition, Munich Re offers asset management services through its subsidiary MEAG.
This profile offers a review of Munich Re, including its business structure and strategy, its financial performance, its marketing and distribution activities, before concluding with a SWOT analysis.
Key Questions Answered
- What are Munich Res strengths and weaknesses?
- What opportunities and challenges will the company face going forward?
- How is it investing in technology?
- Around 70% of Munich Res GWP comes from Germany, the US, and Europe.
- Over 36% of GWP is earned from Munich Res property casualty reinsurance business, and 28% from life and health reinsurance.
- In May 2016 Munich Re launched Digital Partners, a new global venture capital division, to invest in digital and new technology businesses. Digital Partners was established with a vision to partner with disruptors that are changing the way insurance is experienced by customers. Digital Partners aims to provide added value to the partner and establish long-term relationships.
Reasons to buy
- Learn about Munich Res organizational structure and its core business segments.
- Gain insight into its underwriting and distribution strategy.
- Understand the group's advertising strategy.
Table of Contents
A Global Overview
What Does Munich Re Do?
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.