India Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
India Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'The telecom service revenue growth in India over 2019-2024 will be supported by mobile data, mobile voice, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will be the leading contributor to the total telecom service revenue through the forecast period 2019-2024. Mobile data will grow at a CAGR of 13.2% over 2019-2024, driven by rising mobile internet subscriptions and increasing mobile data ARPU due to growing adoption of high-priced 4G services. Broadband revenues will grow driven by a steady rise in FTTH connections supported by Government's initiative to improve connectivity and ongoing fiber deployments by operators like Jio.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in India.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in India will grow marginally at a CAGR of 6.8% during 2019-2024.
- Mobile service revenue will account for 75.9% of total telecom revenue in 2024, driven by increasing smartphone subscriptions and the growing adoption of 4G services with higher ARPU.
- The merger between Vodafone India and Idea cellular gave rise to a new leader in the mobile services segment. The combined entity Vodafone Idea Ltd. will account for 30.3% of total mobile subscriptions estimated for 2019, followed by Reliance Jio (25.5%) and Airtel (25.4%).
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Indias telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Indias mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Indias telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in India.
Table of contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay TV Service Market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.