ICT Investment Trends in the Middle East: Business and technological innovations are promoting ICT investments
"ICT Investment Trends in the Middle East", presents the findings from a survey of 152 Middle Eastern enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Middle Eastern enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, business intelligence, enterprise applications, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in the Middle East. Through GlobalDatas survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in the Middle East.
The economy of the Middle East has been trying to expand after reeling from the oil crisis of 2014-16. Major economic as well as structural reforms have been carried out by respective governments to diversify their economies and trigger foreign investments and growth. However, GlobalData expects activities outside the energy sector to remain robust in 2017, as reflected by the increase in ICT budgets and focus on economic diversification with the introduction of major reforms that defy the growing challenges posed by the oil market.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Middle Eastern enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Middle Eastern enterprises investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, business intelligence, enterprise applications, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing Middle Eastern enterprises investments in each technology category
- How Middle Eastern enterprises IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Middle Eastern enterprises distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Middle Eastern enterprises preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that Middle Eastern enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Middle Eastern enterprises decisions to select an ICT provider
- According to Middle Eastern enterprises, autoID and mobility technology, along with network and security sensors, are the most prominent IoT solutions with efficient delivery systems.
- With cloud computing becoming imperative for enterprises worldwide, Middle Eastern enterprises are heavily investing in cloud solutions such as PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS.
- GlobalDatas survey results confirm that Middle Eastern enterprises are assigning the highest priority to the business objectives of survival and increasing customer satisfaction, while financial stability and leading-edge technology are their primary preference criteria for choosing ICT vendors.
Reasons to buy
- Understand how the Middle Eastern enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Middle Eastern enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Middle Eastern enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, business intelligence, enterprise applications, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Middle Eastern enterprises decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business objectives that Middle Eastern enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Table of Contents
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.