This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Colombia.
The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2007 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2012. This enables us to determine how well the country\'s HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report provides the latest asset allocations of UK HNWIs across 13 asset classes. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocations of Colombia HNWIs to 2017 and a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy.
- Independent market sizing of Colombia HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2008 to 2012
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2017
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
- There were approximately 35,900 HNWIs in Colombia at the end of 2012. These HNWIs hold US$160 billion in wealth which equates to 22% of total individual wealth held in the country.
- Colombian HNWIs outperformed the worldwide HNWI average during the review period. Colombian HNWI numbers rose by 39% whilst worldwide HNWI volumes declined by 0.3%.
- In 2012, Colombian HNWI numbers rose by 16.6%, following moderate growth of 3.0% in 2011.
- The strong growth in HNWI wealth and volumes is expected to continue over the forecast period. The total number of Colombian HNWIs is forecast to grow by 36%, to reach over 48,600 in 2017. HNWI wealth will see a smaller percentage increase, growing by 31% to reach US$209 billion by 2017.
Table of Content
1.1 Details of this Report
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 WEALTH SECTOR FUNDAMENTALS
3.1 Political Background
3.2 Economic Background
3.3 Benchmarking Colombia Wealth in Context
3.3.1 World statistics
3.3.2 Distribution of wealth in Colombia
3.4 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
4 ANALYSIS OF COLOMBIAN HNWI INVESTMENTS
4.1 Analysis by Asset Classes
4.1.1 Trends in alternative assets
4.1.2 Trends in art, wine and wheels
4.1.3 Trends of investments in real estate
4.1.4 Trends of investments in cash and deposits
4.1.5 Trends of investments in fixed income
4.1.6 Trends of investments in equity
4.1.7 Trends of investments in business interests
4.2 Analysis of Foreign Investments
4.2.1 Investments in the rest of Latin America
4.2.2 Investments in North America (including the Caribbean)
4.2.3 Investments in Europe (including the UK)
4.2.4 Investments in Asia-Pacific
4.3 Alternative Breakdown: Liquid vs Investable Assets
4.4 Analysis of Colombian UHNWI Investments
5.1 Additional Regional Information
5.2 Regulations on Taxes
5.3 Economic Indicators
5.3.1 LC to US$ exchange rate
5.3.2 Real GDP growth
5.3.3 Per capita GDP
5.3.4 Domestic market capitalization
5.3.5 Commodity index
5.3.6 Foreign direct investment
5.3.7 Inflation rate
5.3.8 Interest rate
5.3.9 Balance of payments
5.3.10 Stock market performance
5.4 Wealth Breakdowns
6 ABOUT WEALTHINSIGHT
List of Table
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Colombia: 10 most populous departments, 2012
Table 3: Colombia: Largest Cities, 2012
Table 4: Colombia: Allocations of HNWI Assets (%), 2007
List of Chart
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Colombia
Figure 3: Colombia: Asset Price Performance (%), 20072012
Figure 4: Colombia: HNWI Performance, 20072017
Figure 5: Colombia: Local HNWIs vs the World
Figure 6: Colombia: HNWIs Asset Class Composition (%), 20072017
Figure 7: Colombia: HNWIs Trends in Alternative Assets (US$ Billion), 20072017
Figure 8: Colombia: HNWIs Trends in Art, Wine and Wheels, 20072012
Figure 9: Colombia: HNWIs Foreign Investment Allocation and Growth (%), 20122017
Figure 10: Colombia: HNWIs Geographical Distribution of Foreign Investments (%), 20072017
Figure 11: Colombia: HNWIs Liquidity Breakdown (%), 20072017
Figure 12: Colombia: UHNWIs Asset Class Composition (%), 20072017
Figure 13: Colombia: LC to US$ Exchange Rate, 20072017
Figure 14: Colombia: Real GDP Growth (%), 20072017
Figure 15: Colombia: GDP Per Capita, 20072017
Figure 16: Colombia: Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 20072011
Figure 17: Global: Commodity Indices, 20072017
Figure 18: Colombia: Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 20072017
Figure 19: Colombia: Inflation Rate, 20072017
Figure 20: Colombia: Benchmark Interest Rate, 20072017
Figure 21: Colombia: Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 20072012
Figure 22: Colombia: Stock Market Performance, 20072012
Figure 23: Colombia: HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 20072017
Figure 24: Colombia: HNWIs Volume by Wealth Band, 20072017
Figure 25: Colombia: HNWIs Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 20072017
Figure 26: Colombia: HNWIs Wealth per Capita (US$ Billion), 20072017