Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Competitive Landscape to 2026
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common type of liver cancer. It is the sixth most common type of cancer, accounts for around 90% of primary liver cancers, and is third most common cause of cancer mortality. HCC is particularly aggressive and has a poor survival rate (five-year survival <5%) and therefore remains an important public health issue worldwide. In Asia and Africa, factors for development include Hepatitis B and C infection, aflatoxin exposure (from crops), liver cirrhosis and hemochromatosis, while in developed countries, factors for development include diabetes, obesity and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). For unresectable HCC, the standard of care, Bayers Nexavar (sorafenib), prolongs survival by just three months, therefore more treatment options are needed.
This report provides an assessment of the pipeline, clinical, and commercial landscape of HCC. Overall, GlobalData expects new drug approvals to drive HCC market growth over the next decade (2016-2026).
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trial Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment: leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: key market events (2016-2026).
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HCC market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HCC market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1.1 Table of Contents 2
1.2 Abbreviations 3
1.3 Related Reports 4
2. Executive Summary 5
2.1 Key Findings 6
2.2 Key Events 7
3. Introduction 8
3.1 Report Scope 9
3.2 Disease Overview and Epidemiology 11
4. Pipeline Assessment 13
4.1 Pipeline Overview 14
4.2 Pipeline Breakdown by Region/Country 16
4.3 Pipeline Breakdown by Target/MOA 17
4.4 Drug Review Designations 18
4.5 Products in Clinical Development 19
5. Clinical Trial Assessment 21
5.1 Clinical Trials Overview 22
5.2 Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in Hepatocellular Carcinoma 23
5.3 Trial Breakdown by Region 25
5.4 Therapy Area Perspective 26
5.5 Enrollment Analytics 27
6. Commercial Assessment 30
6.1 LeadingMarketed Products 31
6.2 Current and Future Players 32
7. Competitive Landscape Analysis (2016-2026) 33
7.1 Events Classification Overview 34
7.2 US 35
7.3 5EU 36
7.4 Japan 37
7.5 China 38
8. Appendix 39
8.1 Sources 40
8.2 Methodology 41
8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis 42
8.4 About the Authors 45
8.5 About GlobalData 48
8.6 Disclaimer 50
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.