GlobalDatas report, Growth Hormone Deficiency Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017, is an essential source of information and analysis on the global groeth hormone deficiency (GHD) market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global GHD market. The report also provides insights into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to alter the market position of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the pipeline products in the global Growth Hormone Deficiency segment.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
GlobalDatas analysis suggests that the global Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD) therapeutics market was worth $2.7 billion in 2009. The market is expected to grow by a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 2.78% during the next eight years, to reach $3.4 billion by 2017. The GHD market has been well served by synthetic growth hormone (GH), GH regulators and GH secretagogues. The major marketed products for GHD include Genotropin, Humatrope, Nutropin, Saizen and Norditropin. These are indicated for the treatment of GHD in adults and children and have an average efficacy of about 80% (overall, considering the high efficacy in children and moderate efficacy in adults), and also a good safety profile. The treatment of GHD in adults seems less effective through these options. The growth hormones are injectables. This means even a once-a-day dose will not ensure compliance as it is inconvenient to patients. Companies are now focusing on adult GHD, which will enable them to reap revenues from this growing market. The primary focus would be to provide safer and more efficacious products, with improved formulations to reduce the frequency of administration. LG Life Sciences, Althea Technologies, Ambrx Inc., Novo Nordisk and Ipsen are believed to be working on the same method of meeting the unmet need in the market. The global GHD market is heading towards a phase of continuous but slow growth. Genotropin will lose its patent in April 2013 because of which the market growth is lowered.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global growth hormone deficiency market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data split across different phases by mechanism of action and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action are Pegylated growth hormones, Sustained release growth hormones, long acting growth hormones, recombinant growth hormones.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global growth hormone deficiency market. The key market players covered include Pfizer Inc., LG Life Sciences. Merck Sorono, Novo Nordisk, Ipsen, Althea Technologies, Anbrx Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the future growth hormone deficiency market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of the pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most promising product candidates in the pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Growth Hormone Deficiency market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Growth Hormone Deficiency market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the maximum opportunities for consolidation, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global Growth Hormone Deficiency market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table Of Content
1 Table of contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 5
2 Growth Hormone Deficiency: Introduction 6
2.1 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 7
3 Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD): Market Characterization 8
3.1 Overview 8
3.2 GHD Therapeutics Market Size 8
3.3 GHD Drugs Market Forecast and CAGR 9
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for the GHD Therapeutics Market 10
3.4.1 Drivers for the GHD therapeutics market 10
3.4.2 Barriers for the GHD therapeutics market 10
3.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 11
3.6 Key Takeaway 12
4 GHD Therapeutics Market: Competitive Assessment 13
4.1 Overview 13
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 13
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Products in the GHD Market 14
4.3.1 Genotropin 14
4.3.2 Humatrope 14
4.3.3 Nutropin 15
4.3.4 Saizen 16
4.3.5 Norditropin 17
4.4 Key Takeaway 18
5 Growth Hormone Deficiency: Pipeline Assessment 19
5.1 Overview 19
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 19
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 19
5.3 GHD Therapeutics Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 21
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs/Vaccines under Clinical Development 21
5.4.1 LB03002 (LG Life Sciences/Biopartners) 21
5.4.2 ARX-201 (Ambrx/Merck Serono) 22
5.4.3 NN8630 (Novo Nordisk A/S) 22
5.4.4 IGF-I+GH (Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 + Growth Hormone) co-administration (Ipsen) 23
5.5 GHD Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 24
5.5.1 GHD Therapeutics Pipeline by Phases of Development 25
5.5.2 GHD Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline 25
5.5.3 GHD Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 25
5.5.4 GHD Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline 26
5.5.5 GHD Therapeutics Preclinical Phase Pipeline 26
5.5.6 GHD Therapeutics Discovery Phase Pipeline 2010 26
5.6 Key Takeaway 26
6 GHD Therapeutics Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 27
7 GHD Therapeutics Market: Future Players in the GHD Market 29
7.1 Introduction 29
7.2 Pfizer 30
7.2.1 Company Overview 30
7.2.2 Financial Performance 30
7.2.3 Business Description 30
7.3 LG Life Sciences, Korea 31
7.3.1 Overview 31
7.3.2 LB03002 (LG Life Sciences/Biopartners) 31
7.4 Althea Technologies Inc., the US 32
7.4.1 Overview 32
7.4.2 ALTU-238 32
7.5 Ambrx, Inc., the US 33
7.5.1 Overview 33
7.5.2 ARX-201 33
7.6 Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark 34
7.6.1 Overview 34
7.6.2 NN8630 (Novo Nordisk A/S) 35
7.7 Ipsen S.A., France 35
7.7.1 Overview 35
7.7.2 IGF-I+GH (Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 + Growth Hormone) co-administration (Novo Nordisk A/S) 36
8 GHD Therapeutics Market: Appendix 37
8.1 Market Definitions 37
8.2 Scope of Pipeline Research 37
8.3 Abbreviations 37
8.4 Research Methodology 38
8.4.1 Coverage 38
8.4.2 Secondary Research 38
8.4.3 Forecasting 39
8.4.4 Primary Research 42
8.4.5 Expert Panel Validation 42
8.5 Contact Us 42
8.6 Disclaimer 42
8.7 Sources 43
List of Table
Table 1: GHD Therapeutics, Global, Revenue ($bn), 2001-2009 8
Table 2: GHD Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($bn), 2009-2017 9
Table 3: GHD Therapeutics Most Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 21
Table 4: GHD Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 25
Table 5: GHD Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 25
Table 6: GHD Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 26
Table 7: GHD Therapeutics Preclinical Phase Pipeline, 2010 26
Table 8: GHD Therapeutics Discovery Phase Pipeline, 2010 26
List of Chart
Figure 1: GHD Therapeutics, Global, Revenue ($bn), 2001-2009 8
Figure 2: GHD Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($bn), 2009-2017 9
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the GHD Therapeutics Market, 2010 11
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Marketed Products for GHD, 2010 13
Figure 5: Revenue of Major Marketed Products for GHD, Global 18
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the GHD Pipeline, 2010 20
Figure 7: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the GHD Pipeline Description, 2010 20
Figure 8: GHD Therapeutics - Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 24
Figure 9: GHD Therapeutics - Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 25
Figure 10: Implications for Future Market Competition in the GHD Therapeutics Market, 2010 27
Figure 11: GHD Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, Number of Molecules, 2010 29
Figure 12: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 41
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.