Google Inc-Revolutionary Business Model needs to Evolve
- November 2020
- Industry Profile
- 16 pages
Google is one of the worlds most valuable and respected companies, and
one of the oldest Silicon Valley tech giants. Since its inception the
Google has the largest indexing platform for web searches, powered
primarily by revenues from advertising space and prioritization in its
search results. Its wider ecosystem of products has been carefully built to
capture as much attention as possible on the internet, for the ultimate
purpose of driving ad-spend on its platform. However, these products
uniquely free-use way of operating and reliance on data and advertising
also make them part of the vulnerability of Googles business model. The
company needs to diversify to maintain its strength against fierce
- Since it rose to prominence as a search engine, Google has frequently found itself with the capital to spin out new divisions across diverse segments. However, the aim of these divisions has always ultimately been to drive the data-collation and traffic which serves the companys online advertising business. However, in the last decade disruptors have emerged in Silicon Valley which threaten to derail the way advertising works online, the system over which Google previously had a virtual monopoly. Whilst Google and its parent company have become renowned for their innovation, Google itself has a lot to fear from these disruptors.
- Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Google itself are all building voice-controlled functionality into their products and services, including web search. Meanwhile, two players in particular have reached a scale comparable to Googles, and are now beginning to seriously disrupt its previously watertight business model. These companies are Facebook and Amazon.
- As it tries to shore up against these and other threats, Google can at least rely on a huge amount of capital for new projects and expansions of its ecosystem. Core products are already diversifying, although the companys forays into cloud services and hardware have had varying levels of success.
- Learn how Google's business model works
- See how its competitors are attempting to combat it's dominance
- Understand where its weaknesses lie
- Learn how Google is changing in order to adapt to competition
Reasons to Buy
- How does Google's business model function?
- What are its key products?
- Who are the firms main challengers?
- What weakness does Google have?
- How does it need to adapt to overcome the competition?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
Table of Contents
2. DESPITE A WIDE RANGE OF PRODUCTS, GOOGLE IS STILL HUGELY RELIANT ON ADS
2.1. Search, Maps and YouTube are the core of Googles ads ecosystem
2.1.1. Google Search is the worlds biggest advertiser
2.1.2. AdSense bolsters Google Searchs ad-revenues
2.2. YouTube has unfulfilled potential as the worlds second-biggest search engine
2.3. Google Maps contributes data for ads from offline activity
2.4. Chrome, Gmail and Android bring users into the Google ecosystem
2.4.1. Google Chrome is crucial to Googles success despite being free
2.4.2. Gmail has a huge audience with low levels of monetization
2.4.3. Android pays for itself, but is also crucial to the wider advertising model
3. GOOGLES DATA-DRIVEN ADS MODEL FACES MULTIPLE THREATS
3.1. Voice search threatens to erase on-screen ads
3.2. Facebook has moved aggressively into Googles advertising territory
3.3. Amazon is Googles biggest competitor since Facebook
3.3.1. Aggression is built in to Amazons business model
3.3.2. It has become an effective search engine for ecommerce
3.3.3. Amazon is becoming less reliant on Google for ads
3.3.4. Amazon is competing with Google for more than search
3.4. Regulations could derail Googles ever-growing data store
4. ALPHABETS WAR CHEST AFFORDS GOOGLE NUMEROUS OPPORTUNITIES TO DIVERSIFY
4.1. Google Drive could move into the B2B market
4.2. Pixel phones and laptops remain important despite low impact
5.1. Abbreviations and acronyms
5.2. Further reading
6. ASK THE ANALYST
7. ABOUT MARKETLINE
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Industry Profile
Industry ProfileFlame Retardants Markets in China
Industry ProfileSituation of Major Competitor Companies
Industry ProfileEmirates Post Group Holding Market Share Study