Global War Zones: Three political hotspots causing significant global economic issues
- December 2019
- Industry Profile
- 25 pages
Through international trade and globalization, there are certain regions that have become absolutely critical to functioning of the global economy. As goods, energy and services move around the world they often pass through certain choke points in which any political instability or fighting would block a huge portion of world trade. Often these areas are highly unstable due to the significance of the value that moves through them and countries jostle for control over the good that move through them. At present in 2019 three areas in particular are highly vulnerable due to worsening diplomatic relations in the immediate vicinity, the Strait of Hormuz, North Africa and the South China Sea.
- The waters surrounding the Arabian Peninsula are among the most sensitive to the functioning of the world economy that exist. Exposed to numerous geopolitical threats, peace in the region is easily destabilized. For shipping, the global supply of oil, and economic performance of many countries around the world, the region is especially risky. Recent political turmoil has added to sensitivities. In the event of the Persian Gulf and the neighboring Strait of Hormuz being disrupted the extent of damage to industries and whole economies would be far reaching.
- Large areas of North Africa were subject to political, social and economic upheaval during the Arab Spring in 2011. Stemming from anti-government protests the collapse of governments in Egypt, Libya and beyond, depressed the economic fortunes of the region. Troublingly, many of the underlying causes of the uprisings and discontent elsewhere remain and in some instances have worsened. Libya is barely recognizable as a state and is subject to an attritional war between competing forces laying claim to the desert country. Poor living standards and tumbling personal wealth are causing strife in Egypt and Algeria. Meanwhile, Chad continues to be perilously close to further chaotic times. The region is beset by economic troubles that could easily worsen into open conflict.
- Vast quantities of trade flow through the South China Sea. Chinese assertiveness and increasingly militaristic actions have ramped up geopolitical tensions in the region, threatening security in what constitutes a major choke point in the global economy. Though disputes over borders and extent of national waters have rumbled on for decades, the entry of a much more politically and economically aggressive Beijing now poses a serious threat to several economies bordering the South China Sea. Militarization is chiefly to blame and now key shipping routes are subject to an intensifying geopolitical game that appears unlikely to yield a decisive winner for quite some time to come.
- See how major economic disruption has been caused through political instability
- Learn how situations might be remedied and how they came about
- Understand the fragile nature and high risk involved in investing in some geographical areas
- See which economic areas are most under threat globally
Reasons to buy
- Where are some of the most under threat regions in the world?
- What has caused the disagreements in those areas?
- Just what economic assets are under threat?
- Who are the main Protaganists?
- Could these situations be resolved, and if so how?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1.1. Strait of Hormuz remains critical global economic choke point
1.2. North Africa region vulnerable to further economic turmoil stemming from social unrest
1.3. South China Sea has become big geopolitical threat to world economy
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Industry Profile
Industry ProfileFlame Retardants Markets in China
Industry ProfileSituation of Major Competitor Companies
Industry ProfileEmirates Post Group Holding Market Share Study