Global Orphan and Rare Dermatology Drugs Market to 2024 - An Increasingly Competitive Landscape as New Companies Enter the Market with Novel Products, Driving Strong Market Growth
- GBI Research
- September 2018
- 141 pages
Dermatology is a highly diverse therapy area, in terms of severity and clinical presentation, which deals with diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Whilst an orphan disease is a disease that is neglected in terms of research and funding and in the US, a disease is considered to be rare if it affects fewer than 200,000 people.
Many orphan and rare dermatology disorders are associated with significant quality of life impairments, particularly if the disease is insufficiently controlled. In particular, disease visibility can have a profoundly negative impact on patient confidence. However, the current therapeutics market is a highly genericized therapy area and there exists a significant unmet need for more efficacious and safer treatment options that treat the underlying causes of disease as opposed to managing the symptoms.
This report covers all orphan and rare dermatology disorders, but there is a particular focus on six key diseases, systemic sclerosis (scleroderma), alopecia, epidermolysis bullosa, pemphigus vulgaris, vitiligo and cutaneous lupus erythematosus, as these conditions have the largest pipelines within the therapy area.
The premium product market size for orphan and rare dermatology therapeutics was valued at $1.64 billion in 2017 and it is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.5% to $6.07 billion in 2024.
- The orphan and rare dermatology market landscape is expected to change and grow. Novel targets are expected to enter the market and drive market growth with a move towards disease modifying drugs instead of drugs which manage symptoms.
- Overall, there are 262 orphan and rare dermatology products in the pipeline.
- Which molecular targets are most prominent within the pipeline?
- How do the key indications differ in terms of molecule type?
- How does the composition of the pipeline compare with that of the existing market?
- What mechanisms of action are most common for pipeline drugs?
- The premium products market size for orphan and rare dermatology therapeutics is expected to grow, from $1.64 billion in 2017 to $6.07 billion in 2024, at a CAGR of 20.5%.
- Which products will contribute to market growth most, and will any achieve blockbuster status?
- Will the current market leaders retain their dominance over the forecast period, and how is their revenue share of the orphan and rare dermatology market set to change?
- What CAGR will these companies register in the forecast period?
- How many strategic consolidations have been completed in the past decade?
- Which types of assets attract the largest deal values?
Reasons to buy
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis for the six key indications.
- Visualize the composition of the orphan and rare dermatology market overall and across each key indication, in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify trends and developments, in terms of molecule type and molecular target, within the overall orphan and rare dermatology pipeline, as well as for each of the six key indications.
- Understand the growth in patient epidemiology and market revenues for the orphan and rare dermatology market globally, and across the key players and product types.
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining the incentives and challenges of drug development within the orphan market space and the trends in clinical trial duration and size, as well as clinical trial failure rates, by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- Recognize how the evolving treatment landscape will drive market growth to 2024 and understand the contributions that different products, molecular targets and companies will make to this growth.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the orphan and rare dermatology deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Pharmaceutical
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Mental Illness Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Anti-Dermatomycosis Skin Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Incretion Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Hypertension Drugs
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareGlobal Bionic Ears Market Professional Survey Report 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareNeuropsychiatric Disorder Cluster Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareHepatitis Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017