Global Impact on Consumer Spending in FMCG-COVID-19 Consumer Survey Insights-Week 1
- April 2020
- 28 pages
This report is part of the GlobalData COVID-19 Consumer Insight series, which tracks changes in consumer sentiment, lifestyles, attitudes, and behaviors stemming from the global coronavirus outbreak. It analyses consumer spending habits by category, geography, and demographic during week 1 of GlobalData's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tracker Consumer Survey.
Security and familiarity, time and money constraints, and health and wellbeing are the biggest influences on consumer spending and are all being heavily and separately shaped by COVID-19. Brands and manufacturers will need to consider affordability and value in their propositions and categories, but also work out where there are opportunities for premiumization linked to new consumer behaviors.
- Consumers globally are buying premium products in the personal hygiene, healthcare, toiletries, and household categories.
- Dairy products remain essential staples.
- Affordability is pivotal for savory snacks.
- Prepared meals are losing appeal as home cooking gathers steam.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes in consumer spending in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.