Published by Canadean, the Global Iced/RTD Tea Report provides a detailed analysis of the Iced/RTD coffee drinks market, with global, regional and individual country data including forecasts to 2015.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Global Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the global Iced/RTD Tea drinks market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
After two years of stagnation, growth picked up again in 2011 to register a modest 1-2% increase. Iced/rtd coffee drinks now represent the smallest component of the soft drinks spectrum, having been overtaken by energy drinks in 2011
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
In growth terms, the highest performing region in 2011 was the fledgling Africa market, followed by Latin America, albeit off still modest volume levels. Mexico, the region's key iced/rtd coffee drinks market (63% share), picked up in 2011 boosted by the intensifying competition in retail. MENA again registered buoyant increase, but category presence remains niche across the region. West Europe also recorded a double-digit performance, with strong contribution from the key volume market, Germany (56% of regional consumption)
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Global Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Report for 2012 comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a global, regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 68 individual country profiles and 8 regional overviews, plus a global summary, the Global Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends in the iced/rtd coffee drinks category worldwide.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesiced/rtd coffee drinks consumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage markets shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label.
- Higher growth for iced/rtd coffee drinks continues to be curtailed by both its premium pricing positioning and, in some countries, by a lack of tradition of consuming cold coffee
- Iced/rtd coffee drinks are subject to some competition from the energy drinks category due to the caffeine stimulus it offers and the development of crossover products such as energy coffees. Where the base formulation of an energy coffee is an energy drink and coffee is only the flavoring, Canadean categorizes the product as an energy drink
- Whilst there remains a strong bias to consumption through on-premise channels at global level, off-premise sales are slowly gaining share, aided by the activities of the major producers, new entrants and the retailers' response with Private Label
- Iced/rtd coffee drinks now represent the smallest component of the soft drinks spectrum, having been overtaken by energy drinks in 2011
- Metal can continues to account for just under 40% of all iced/rtd coffee drinks; although share is very gradually being edged backwards.
- Whilst carton still ranks as the second most popular pack type, 2011 saw strong growth in PET bottle usage (over 5%), driven primarily by the popularity and range of size formats for iced/rtd coffee drinks in the key Asia region
Table of Content
Global and Regional Summaries - Iced Coffee Data Tables
REGIONS: Africa, Asia, Australasia, East Europe, Latin America (Latam), Middle East North Africa (MENA), North America, West Europe
Consumption (Million Litres) By Global/Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Global/Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Global/Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Global/Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Global/ Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Still vs. Carbonated, 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Global/Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Global/ Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Global/Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Global/Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Iced Coffee Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - RTD/non-RTD, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart - Iced Coffee Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Iced Coffee New Products 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, Still vs. Carbonated, RTD,% Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2010-2011
AFRICA: South Africa.
ASIA: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
AUSTRALASIA: Australia, New Zealand.
EAST EUROPE: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine.
LATAM: Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Venezuela.
MENA: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates.
NORTH AMERICA: Canada, United States of America.
WEST EUROPE: Austria, Belgium , Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.