Global Construction Outlook to 2022
- July 2018
- 60 pages
The Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) expects the pace of expansion in the global construction industry to average 3.6% a year over the forecast period (2018-2022) - down slightly compared with 3.7% in the March 2018 forecast update. In real value terms (measured at constant 2017 prices and US$ exchange rates), global construction output is forecast to rise to US$12.7 trillion in 2022, up from US$10.6 trillion in 2017.
The global economy will continue to post healthy rates of growth in 2018-2019, and investor confidence will remain buoyant. The expected tightening in monetary policy in major markets in 2018 will start to push up the cost of borrowing, but with interest rates generally at or near historic lows, this process is not expected to have a major impact on construction activity during the early part of the forecast period.
This report provides a detailed analysis of the prospects for the global construction industry up to 2022.
- Construction output growth will accelerate marginally to 3.7% in 2019, before easing back in the latter part of the forecast period, reflecting trends in some of the largest markets, notably China and the US.
- The acceleration in growth in global construction output in 2018-2019 is being driven primarily by the pickup in advanced economies, with combined growth in these markets rising to 2.7%, compared to 2.0% in 2017.
- Although growth in emerging markets will remain in excess of that in advanced economies over the forecast period, there will be a steady slowdown in growth in construction spending in emerging markets - primarily reflecting trends in China, which has the largest construction market in the world. In 2018-2022, construction output growth in emerging markets will average 4.3% a year, down from 4.9% in 2013-2017.
- The Asia-Pacific region will continue to account for the largest share of the global construction industry, given that it includes the large markets of China, Japan and India. The pace of growth will slow, however, given the projected slowdown in Chinas construction industry.
- The emerging markets of South-East Asia will invest heavily in new infrastructure projects, supported by private investment. Meanwhile, construction growth in India will gather pace following a poor performance in 2017.
- Construction activity is gathering momentum across Western Europe. The regions output will expand by 2.4% a year on average in 2018-2022, improving on the sluggish growth of 1.1% in 2013-2017.
- An overview of the outlook for the global construction industry to 2022
- Analysis of the outlook for the construction industry in major global regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South and South-East Asia, North-East Asia, Australasia, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa
- A comprehensive benchmarking of 83 leading construction markets according to construction market value and growth
- Analysis of the latest data on construction output trends in key markets.
Reasons to buy
- Evaluate regional construction trends from insight on output values and forecast data to 2022.
- Identify the fastest growers to enable assessment and targeting of commercial opportunities in the markets best suited to strategic focus.
- Identify the drivers in the global construction market and consider growth in emerging and developed economies.
- Formulate plans on where and how to engage with the market while minimizing any negative impact on revenues.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Construction
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Finland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Clay Product and Refractory Market Size, Status and Forecast 2019-2025