GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Glaucoma Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global glaucoma therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global glaucoma therapeutics market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global glaucoma therapeutics sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts. The glaucoma market is predicted to witness major revenue depletion over the next few years due to a string of patent expiries. Pfizer’s Xalatan (latanoprost) is the most prescribed drug for the treatment of glaucoma. GlobalData’s analysis suggests that the global glaucoma therapeutics market was worth $3.9 billion in 2009. The market is forcast to decline with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.7%, which is mostly due to the patent expirations of branded drugs. The market will be flooded with generic version of these branded drugs, which could impact the glaucoma therapeutics market.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the glaucoma therapeutics market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global glaucoma therapeutics market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as factor Xa inhibitors, direct thrombin inhibitors, and gap junction modifiers, along with other novel anti-arrhythmic drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global glaucoma therapeutics market. Key market player covered are NicOx, Bausch and Lomb, Novagali Pharma, CeNeRx Biopharma, Aerie Pharma, Allergan and Merck.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the glaucoma therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global glaucoma therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global glaucoma therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global glaucoma therapeutics market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Content
1 Table of contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Introduction 5
2.1 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 5
3 Glaucoma Therapeutics: Market Characterization 6
3.1 Glaucoma Market Size 6
3.2 Glaucoma Market Forecast and CAGR 6
3.3 Drivers and Barriers for the Glaucoma Market 8
3.3.1 Drivers of the Glaucoma Market 8
3.3.2 Barriers for the Glaucoma Market 8
3.4 Opportunity and Unmet Need 9
3.5 Key Takeaway 10
4 Glaucoma Market: Competitive Assessment 11
4.1 Overview 11
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 11
4.2.1 Xalatan 12
4.2.2 Cosopt 13
4.2.3 Alphagan P 14
4.2.4 Travatan Z 15
4.2.5 Lumigan 16
4.2.6 Combigan 17
4.3 Key Takeaway 18
5 Glaucoma: Pipeline Assessment 19
5.1 Overview 19
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 19
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 19
5.3 Glaucoma Therapeutics - Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 21
5.4 Drugs under Clinical Development 21
5.4.1 Tafluprost (Saflutan) 21
5.4.2 NCX-116 (Formerly PF-03187207) 22
5.4.3 Memantine 23
5.5 Glaucoma Therapeutics Market - Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 24
5.6 Glaucoma Pipeline - Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development 25
5.6.1 Glaucoma Therapeutics - Phase III Clinical Pipeline 25
5.6.2 Glaucoma Therapeutics - Phase II Clinical Pipeline 26
5.6.3 Glaucoma Therapeutics - Phase I Clinical Pipeline 26
5.6.4 Glaucoma Therapeutics - Preclinical Pipeline 27
5.6.5 Glaucoma Therapeutics - Discovery Pipeline 27
5.7 Key Takeaway 27
6 Glaucoma Therapeutics Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 28
7 Glaucoma Market: Future Players in the Glaucoma Market 29
7.1 Introduction 29
7.2 NicOx SA and Bausch and Lomb 30
7.2.1 Overview 30
7.2.2 Business Description 30
7.2.3 Ophthalmology Portfolio 30
7.2.4 Glaucoma Product Portfolio 31
7.3 Merck (MSD) and Santen Pharmaceuticals, Japan 32
7.3.1 Overview 32
7.3.2 Business Description 32
7.3.3 Glaucoma Product Portfolio 33
8 Glaucoma Market: Appendix 35
8.1 Definitions 35
8.2 Acronyms 35
8.3 Research Methodology 35
8.3.1 Coverage 36
8.3.2 Secondary Research 36
8.3.3 Forecasting 36
8.3.4 Primary Research 39
8.3.5 Expert Panel Validation 39
8.4 Contact Us 39
8.5 Disclaimer 39
8.6 Sources 40
List of Table
Table 1: Glaucoma Therapeutics, Global, Market Revenue, 2001-2009 7
Table 2: Glaucoma Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($bn), 2009-2017 7
Table 3: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Major Marketed Products in Glaucoma, 2010 12
Table 4: Major Marketed Products in the Glaucoma Market, 2010 18
Table 5: Glaucoma Therapeutics - Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 21
Table 6: Glaucoma Therapeutics Market, Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 25
Table 7: Glaucoma Therapeutics Market, Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 26
Table 8: Glaucoma Therapeutics - Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 26
Table 9: Glaucoma Therapeutics Market, Pre-Clinical Pipeline, 2010 27
Table 10: Glaucoma Therapeutics Market, Discovery Pipeline, 2010 27
Table 11: NicOx, Glaucoma Pipeline, 2010 30
Table 12: Merck and Santen Pharmaceuticals - Ophthalmology Pipeline, 2010 33
Table 13: Santen Pharmaceuticals - Ophthalmology Pipeline, 2010 33
Table 14: Santen Pharmaceuticals - Glaucoma Pipeline, 2010 33
List of Chart
Figure 1: Glaucoma Therapeutics, Global, Market Revenue ($bn), 2001-2009 6
Figure 2: Glaucoma Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($bn), 2009-2017 7
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Glaucoma Market, 2010 9
Figure 4: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Glaucoma Therapeutics Pipeline, 2010 20
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of Glaucoma Therapeutics Pipeline, Description, 2010 20
Figure 6: Glaucoma Therapeutics Market, Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action (%), 2010 24
Figure 7: Glaucoma Therapeutics Market, Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development (%), 2010 25
Figure 8: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Glaucoma Therapeutics Market, 2010 28
Figure 9: Glaucoma Therapeutics Market, Pipeline by Company, 2010 29
Figure 10: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 38
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.