Germany Wealth Management: Market Sizing and Opportunities to 2022
Based on our proprietary datasets, this report analyzes Germanys wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. This includes overall affluent market size (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) as well as a breakdown of liquid vs. illiquid HNW holdings. The report also provides an analysis of the factors driving liquid asset growth, including a breakdown and forecast of total retail savings and investments split by asset classes including deposits, mutual funds, equities, and bonds.
Germanys affluent segment (comprising high-net-worth [HNW] and mass affluent individuals) has experienced robust growth in recent years. HNW investors in Germany hold the majority of their assets in liquid assets such as equities, mutual funds, deposits, and bonds, with investments in liquid assets accounting for 81% of their total investments. However, wealth managers must remain aware of the expected rise in the share of illiquid assets over 2018-22.
- Affluent individuals accounted for 20.3% of Germanys total adult population in 2018, collectively holding 82.7% of the countrys retail wealth.
- Deposits remain the preferred investment avenue among German retail investors, accounting for 68.5% of all liquid retail savings and investments in 2018.
- 12.5% of German HNW investors wealth was held outside of the country, with access to a better range of investment options being the main reason to invest offshore.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on the German wealth industry.
- Identify the most promising client segments by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals.
- Receive detailed insights into retail liquid asset holdings in Germany, including deposits, mutual funds, equities, and bonds.
- Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the wealth space.
Table of Contents
Germanys Wealth Market
Resident Retail Savings and Investments
Resident vs. Non-Resident Investments in Germany
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.