Germany Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023
GlobalDatas 'Germany Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the German cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2015-19e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2019e-23f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
GlobalDatas 'Germany Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023' report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the German cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the German cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the German cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- The SEPA Instant Credit Transfer payment service has been available in Germany since November 2017. The service enables individuals to transfer a maximum of 15,000 ($17,183.22) within 10 seconds. Funds can be transferred instantly 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. In November 2018, TARGET Instant Payment Settlement was launched across the EU, including Germany. The service is based on SEPA Instant Credit Transfer and is an extension of TARGET2. Available at all times, the service also supports multi-currency transfers. In addition, to support cross-border instant payments, in September 2019 SWIFT announced a new global instant payments service integrating SWIFT gpi into domestic instant payment systems. Trials have been conducted among banks sending cross-border payments from nine countries, including Germany.
- The proliferation of digital-only banks is likely to accelerate the shift away from cash to card payments. N26 is the most popular digital-only bank in Germany, providing strong competition to traditional banks by offering products and services at comparatively lower rates. Founded in 2013 in Germany, it is now available in 24 countries and has 3.5 million customers across its global operations. Telefnica Deutschland partnered with Fidor Bank to launch a mobile-only bank, O2 Banking, in July 2016. Upon opening an account customers receive a Mastercard debit card. And in March 2017, Netherlands-based mobile only bank bunq was launched in Germany, offering users a bank account as well as a Mastercard debit and credit card.
- The German payment industry has seen consolidation in recent years. B+S Card Service and German tech company PAYONE merged to form BS PAYONE in August 2017. In May 2018, French payment technology provider Ingenico Group started exclusive negotiations for the merger of BS PAYONE with Ingenicos retail assets in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. This process was completed in June 2019, thus creating a new brand: PAYONE. Ingenico owns 52% of the combined entity, while existing shareholders of BS PAYONE hold the remaining 48% stake.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the German cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the German cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the German cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Germany.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the German cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Mobile Proximity Payments
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.