GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released a new report, “Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecast to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global GERD market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global GERD market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to cause significant shifts in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global GERD sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData’s analysis suggests that the global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) market was worth $ 21.5 billion in 2009. It is forecast to decline at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.7% for the next eight years to reach $10.4 billion by 2017. The high projected rate of decline is primarily attributable to the patent expiries of all Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) by the end of the forecast period. Increase in the treatment seeking population, the diagnosis population and long term anti-reflux maintenance therapy are expected to sustain the GERD market.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global GERD market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for 8 years to 2017.
- Key geographies covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action include H+/K+ ATPase Inhibitors, H2 antagonists, 5-HT4 receptor agonists and GABA-B receptor agonists.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global GERD market. Key market players covered are AstraZeneca, XenoPort and Vecta.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for future market associated with GERD
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global GERD market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global GERD market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global GERD market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Therapeutics Market Introduction 5
2.1 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 5
3 GERD Therapeutics Market Market Characterization 6
3.1 Overview 6
3.2 GERD Therapeutics Market Size 6
3.3 GERD Therapeutics Market Forecast and CAGR 7
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for the GERD Therapeutics Market 9
3.4.1 Drivers for the GERD Therapeutics Market 9
3.4.2 Barriers for the GERD Therapeutics Market 9
3.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 10
3.6 Key Takeaway 11
4 GERD Therapeutics Market Competitive Assessment 12
4.1 Overview 12
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 12
4.3 Product Portfolio for Major Marketed Products in the GERD Therapeutics Market 13
4.3.1 Nexium (esomeprazole) 13
4.3.2 Aciphex (Rabeprazole sodium) 14
4.3.3 Prevacid (lansoprazole) 15
4.3.4 Prilosec (omeprazole) 16
4.3.5 Protonix (pantoprazole sodium) 17
4.3.6 Tagamet (cimetidine) 18
4.3.7 Pepcid (famotidine) 19
4.3.8 Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) 20
4.3.9 Axid (nizatidine) 20
4.4 Key Takeaway 22
5 GERD Therapeutics Market Pipeline Assessment 23
5.1 Overview 23
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 23
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytical Framework 23
5.3 GERD Therapeutics Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development 25
5.4 Molecule Profiles for Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development 26
5.4.1 XP19986 26
5.4.2 AZD3355 27
5.4.3 Rozerem 27
5.4.4 Vecam 28
5.5 GERD Therapeutics Market Pipeline Assessment by Mechanism of Action 29
5.6 GERD Therapeutics Market - Pipeline Assessment by Phase of Clinical Development 30
5.6.1 GERD Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline 30
5.6.2 GERD Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 31
5.6.3 GERD Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline 31
5.6.4 GERD Therapeutics Pre-clinical Pipeline 31
5.6.5 GERD Therapeutics Discovery Pipeline 32
5.7 Key Takeaway 32
6 GERD Therapeutics Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 33
7 GERD Therapeutics Market Key Players in the GERD Therapeutics Market 34
7.1 XenoPort, Inc. 34
7.1.1 Company Overview 34
7.1.2 XP19986 35
7.2 AstraZeneca 36
7.2.1 Company Overview 36
7.2.2 AZD3355 37
7.3 Vecta Ltd. (Vecta) 38
7.3.1 Company Overview 38
7.3.2 Vecam 38
8 GERD Therapeutics Market: Appendix 39
8.1 Market Definition 39
8.2 Abbreviations 39
8.3 Research Methodology 40
8.3.1 Coverage 40
8.3.2 Secondary Research 41
8.3.3 Forecasting 41
8.3.4 Primary Research 44
8.3.5 Expert Panel Validation 44
8.4 Contact Us 44
8.5 Disclaimer 44
8.6 Sources 45
List of Table
Table 1: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenues ($bn), 2001-2009 7
Table 2: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue Forecasts ($ billion), 2009-2017 8
Table 3: Major Marketed Products Comparison in the GERD Therapeutics Market , 2010 21
Table 4: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Most Promising Molecules Under Clinical Development, February 2010 25
Table 5: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 30
Table 6: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 31
Table 7: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 31
Table 8: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Pre-clinical Pipeline, 2010 31
Table 9: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Discovery Pipeline, 2010 32
List of Chart
Figure 1: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenues ($bn), 2001-2009 7
Figure 2: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue Forecasts ($bn), 2009-2017 8
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the GERD Therapeutics Market 10
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Major Marketed Products in GERD Therapeutics Market, 2010 12
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the GERD Therapeutics Pipeline, 2010 24
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the GERD Therapeutics Pipeline Description, 2010 24
Figure 7: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action (%), 2010 29
Figure 8: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Clinical Pipeline, 2010 30
Figure 9: Implications for Future Market Competition in the GERD Therapeutics Market, 2010 33
Figure 10: GERD Therapeutics Market, Global, Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 34
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 43
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.