Functional Emulsifier Blends Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
- December 2038
- 0 pages
Functional Emulsifier Blends: Market Outlook
Functional emulsifier blends are a mixture of substances that are used for emulsification by using different materials having specific or combination of functions. Oil and water based emulsion are most popular forms of functional emulsifier blends. Ice-cream industry uses functional emulsifier blends formulated by specialized firms are purchased from primary suppliers.
North America is expected to dominate the functional emulsifier blends market due to the concentration of major food production centers. The primary food ingredients suppliers like ADM and Cargill have their significant operations in North America which are involved in emulsifier and the functional emulsifier blends production. Improved private investments in food processing in emerging countries in the APAC region will result in the fastest increase of food ingredients including functional emulsifier blends market.
Functional Emulsifier Blends Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
A rise in food safety issues across the world is driving higher demand for functional emulsifier blends as it retaining the full quality and holding the fat content in food products. The overall rise in demand across various industries has resulted in a rise in demand for functional emulsifier blends. Optimum handling and mixing conditions are explicitly required in bakery products while using the functional emulsifier blends for attaining higher efficiency in the process. Functional emulsifier blends have become popular as most of the emulsifiers are used in combinations only. The other benefits of functional emulsifier blends include the production of required hydrophile-lipophile balance in emulsifier and improve the feel of the products. Major players in the functional emulsifier blends market have increased their investments in R&D to develop quality products complying with food safety regulations. Innovations in ingredient for functional emulsifier blends formulation, availability of various forms of functional emulsifier blends is boosting functional emulsifier blends market growth.
The complex nature of foods is posing challenges in functional emulsifier blends processing could be a limiting factor for the functional emulsifier blends market growth. GMO based functional emulsifier blends are not acceptable in few countries.
Global Functional Emulsifier Blends: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global functional emulsifier blends market has been segmented as –
On the basis of function, the global functional emulsifier blends market has been segmented as –
- Anti-foaming agent
- Wetting Agent
- Cleaning Agent
- Solubilizing Agent and
On the basis of application, the global functional emulsifier blends market has been segmented as –
- Meat Products
- Dairy Products
- Personal Care Products
- Chemicals and
Global Functional Emulsifier Blends Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global functional emulsifier blends market are Futura Ingredients, Fuerst Day Lawson Ltd. (FDL), Fine Organics, Henan Zhengtong Food Technology Co., Ltd., BASF SE, Danisco, Evonik Industries AG, Kerry Group, Akzonobel N.V., Cargill Inc., Solvay S.A., Clariant, ADM, Acme Hardesty, Mckinley Resources, Lotte Foods Co., Ltd., and others.
Opportunities for Market Participants
The functional emulsifier blends market is projected to be positively influenced by increase in adoption in industries like bakery and confectionery. Growing traction for processed foods and rise in health awareness is also supporting functional emulsifier blends market growth. Multifunctional properties of functional emulsifier blends, innovations in functional emulsifier blends processing has enabled the functional emulsifiers to cater various needs of consumers. A number of criteria are essential and must be met for the formulation of the well-formulated functional emulsifier blends.
Exhibit 2 depicts consumer preferences for functional emulsifier blends indicating most of the consumers depend on multifunctional properties of functional emulsifier blends followed by functional emulsifier blends supply sustainability.
Expansion is the commonly followed strategy by the major players in the functional emulsifier blends market which are influencing the functional emulsifier blends market trends to greater level.
- In July 2015, Stepan Company entered into a long-term supply agreement with The Sun Products Corporation. Under this agreement the company is expected to supply Sun's anionic surfactants for application in laundry industry in North America.
- In October 2015, BASF SE expanded its emollients, emulsifiers and waxes production capacity by setting up a new plant in Jinshan, Shanghai.
- In April 2012, Kerry Group set up an emulsifier production plant in the Netherlands.
The above mentioned expansion strategies in emulsifiers will also boost supply for functional emulsifier blends globally.
Considering the exhibit 3, it can inferred that food and beverages industry will be the major consumer of functional emulsifier blends. Bakery segment is projected to be major consumer in the food and beverage industry for functional emulsifier blends. Volume-wise food and beverages industry form a major share in terms of application for functional emulsifier blends. However, the growth is projected higher in personal care products over the forecast period. Adoption of various ingredients is likely to lower functional emulsifier blends prices which will augment higher purchases across various industries.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, function and applications of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.