FirstEnergy Corp - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2017 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation companys business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalDatas summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
* Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this reports analysis of the companys business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors business structure and strategies with GlobalDatas detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the companys core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
Company Snapshot 4
Key Information 4
Company Overview 4
SWOT Snapshot 4
Operational Metrics 5
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, By Capacity 5
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, By Generation 5
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, By Transmission 5
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, By Distribution 5
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, By Customers 5
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, By Sales 6
FirstEnergy Corp, Wind Farms 7
FirstEnergy Corp, Wind Farms, United States 7
FirstEnergy Corp, Solar PV Parks 8
FirstEnergy Corp, Solar PV Parks, United States 8
FirstEnergy Corp, Hydro Power Plants 10
FirstEnergy Corp, Hydro Power Plants, United States 10
FirstEnergy Corp, Biopower Plants 11
FirstEnergy Corp, Biopower Plants, United States 11
FirstEnergy Corp, Thermal Power Plants 12
FirstEnergy Corp, Thermal Power Plants, United States 12
FirstEnergy Corp, Commercial Reactors 14
FirstEnergy Corp, Commercial Reactors, United States 14
Business Description 15
Business Overview 15
Regulated Distribution 15
Regulated Transmission 15
Major Products and Services 16
SWOT Analysis 26
FirstEnergy Corp Strengths 26
FirstEnergy Corp Weaknesses 27
FirstEnergy Corp Opportunities 27
FirstEnergy Corp Threats 28
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Key Employees 32
Key Employee Biographies 33
Company Statement 34
Locations And Subsidiaries 37
Head Office 37
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 37
Financial Deals Landscape 39
FirstEnergy Corp, Deals Summary 39
FirstEnergy Corp, Power, Deal Details 40
Asset Transactions 40
Equity Offering 46
Debt Offering 47
Asset Transactions 60
Recent Developments 64
FirstEnergy Corp - Recent Developments 64
Report Scope 309
GlobalData Coverage 309
GlobalDatas Methodology 309
Contact Us 310
List of Tables
FirstEnergy Corp, Key Facts 17
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, Capacity 18
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, Generation 18
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, Transmission 18
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, Distribution 18
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, Customers 18
FirstEnergy Corp, Operational Metrics, Sales 19
FirstEnergy Corp, Wind Farms, United States 20
FirstEnergy Corp, Solar PV Parks, United States 21
FirstEnergy Corp, Hydro Power Plants, United States 23
FirstEnergy Corp, Biopower Plants, United States 24
FirstEnergy Corp, Thermal Power Plants, United States 25
FirstEnergy Corp, Commercial Reactors, United States 27
Major Products and Services 29
FirstEnergy Corp, SWOT Analysis 39
FirstEnergy Corp, Ratios based on current share price 42
FirstEnergy Corp, Annual Ratios 42
FirstEnergy Corp, Interim Ratios 44
FirstEnergy Corp, Key Employees 45
FirstEnergy Corp, Subsidiaries 50
FirstEnergy Corp, Deals Summary 52
FirstEnergy to Invest USD30 Million in Transmission Substation in Ohio, US 53
Potomac Edison Invests US$5.3 Million In Thurmont To Union Bridge Transmission Line In US 54
Monongahela Power Company To Acquire Harrison Coal Fired Power Station From Allegheny Energy For Upto US$1 Billion 55
FirstEnergy Merges With Allegheny Energy 56
FirstEnergy Raises USD500 Million in Private Placement of Shares 59
Pennsylvania Electric Raises USD300 Million in Public offering of 3.25% Bonds Due 2028 60
FirstEnergy Raises USD500 Million in Public Offering of 2.85% Notes Due 2022 61
FirstEnergy Raises USD1.5 Billion in Public Offering of 3.90% Notes Due 2027 63
FirstEnergy Raises USD1 Billion in Public Offering of 4.85% Notes Due 2047 65
Monongahela Power Raises USD250 Million in Public Offering of 3.55% Bonds Due 2027 67
Monongahela Power Raises USD600 Million in Private Placement Of 5.4% Bonds Due 2043 68
Monongahela Power Raises USD400 Million in Private Placement Of 4.1% Bonds Due 2024 70
Metropolitan Edison Completes Public Offering Of 3.517% Bonds Due 2023 For US$300 Million 72
APV Renaissance Partners to Acquire Certain Assets at Hatfield's Ferry Power Station from FirstEnergy 73
LS Power Equity Partners III to Acquire Stake in Six Power Generation Assets in US from FirstEnergy for USD825 Million 74
FirstEnergy to Sell Power Generation Assets in US for up to USD885 Million 76
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.