Fermented Cereals Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
Fermented Cereals Market Outlook
Humans have been aware of the fermentative activities of microorganisms since the beginning of human civilization. With the utilization of microorganism, humans have been producing many fermented food and beverages. Likewise, fermented cereals have also been used to make many traditional food items for a very long time across the globe. Fermented cereals are fermented with the help of lactic acid bacteria. Preparation of various traditional food by fermented cereals remains as a house art. Fermented cereals are used to produce batter in homes as well as food industries. Fermented cereals are accounted to be one of the most important sources of carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals for people all over the world. The consumption of fermented cereal has increased among health-conscious people as fermentation process the level of non-digestible poly and oligosaccharides along with carbohydrates. The demand for fermented cereals is expected to rise owing to the increased level of lysine, fibre, and dietary proteins.
Fermented Cereals Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
Fermented foods contribute to about one-third of the diet worldwide. So, fermented cereals also become an important part of human food. Owing to the health benefits of fermented cereals such as optimization of the immune and digestive system, improvement of mood and detoxification of body is expected to drive the growth of the fermented cereal market over the forecast period. Fermented cereals are witnessing increasing adoption across various end-use industry sectors such as baking, functional foods etc. This is attributed to increasing consumer awareness due to rising inclination towards products that offer health benefits. Moreover, the heat required to cook fermented cereals is comparatively less, which help the working women population to prepare food for their family at a very less time.
Global Top 10 Importers of Cereal and Cereal Products, by Value (US$ Mn), 2016
Source: ITC & UN Comtrade
Global Fermented Cereals: Market Segmentation
On the basis of source, the global fermented cereals market has been segmented as –
On the basis of end use, the global fermented cereals market has been segmented as –
On the basis of sales channel, the global fermented cereals market has been segmented as –
- Convenience Store
- Specialty Store
- Online Store
Global Fermented Cereals Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global fermented cereals market are: iD Fresh Food, Yamato Soysauce & Miso Co., Ltd., PepsiCo, Inc., Puratos, IREKS GmbH, Ernst Böcker GmbH & Co. KG, Philibert Savours, Gits Food Products Pvt.Ltd,Lesaffre, Kampffmeyer Food Innovation GmbH, Dr. Otto Suwelack Nachf. GmbH & Co., Lesaffre, Philibert Savours, The Kornspitz Company GmbH, Maverix Platforms Pvt Ltd, Lallemand Inc., Aadhya Foods and MTR Foods Pvt Ltd.
Global Top 10 Cereal Producing Countries, by Volume (‘000 MT), 2016
Source: FAOSTAT, 2016
The global fermented cereals market has evolved over the time due to the increase in demand for fermented cereals based beverages and is expected to continue to grow in the same way, during the forecast period.
Key Developments across the Globe:
- In 2017, iD Fresh Food India Pvt. Ltd, launched a range of super food made from fermented cereals, Ragi Idly & Dosa Batter. This move helped the company to improve its product portfolio and increase its consumer base.
- iD Fresh Food India Pvt. Ltd, has started building three new manufacturing facility plants for fermented cereals based product, one in Mumbai, Bengaluru and Dubai. The company is focused to enhance its facility in order to enter new geographies.
- In July 2016, Kampffmeyer Food Innovation GmbH, introduced a fermented cereals based powdered marzipan replacer, which can be used in the production of various bakery products. This is an cost-effective ingredient for production of bakery products
Opportunities for Market Participants
Manufacturers could focus on developing innovative products with the use of fermented cereals. Fermented cereals are becoming immensely popular in the bakery industry due to its ability to enhance texture and strengthen shelf life of end products, these attribute of fermented cereals has attracted the eyes of various manufacturers, but involvement of big players is missing, which could be a big opportunity for the players those who are entering in the fermented cereals market. It is known that the probiotic market is growing significantly across the globe, as the fermented cereals contain probiotics (lactic acid bacteria) in it, manufacturers could focus on producing fermented cereals based probiotic food product with the use of this microorganism, which in turn will help the fermented cereals market grow significantly over the forecast period.
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, distribution and product types of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall fermented cereal market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the fermented cereals market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.