GlobalDatas pharmaceutical and healthcare report, Erectile Dysfunction Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Erectile Dysfunction (ED) therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the ED market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring a significant shift in the positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global ED therapeutics sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
The ED market is currently very competitive and is expected to become more competitive in the future. The market is dominated by three major cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP)-specific Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5 inhibitors) including Viagra (sildenafil citrate), Cialis (tadalafil) and Levitra (vardenafil HCl). The market is expected to witness a decline between 2011 and 2014 due to patent expiry of the blockbuster drug Viagra. Viagras patent expires in early 2012 and the market is expected to decline due to erosions of margins with the entry of generics. Post 2014, the market is expected to grow due to an increase in the number of ED patients. GlobalDatas analysis revealed that the market grew at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2001 to 2009. The growth rate was moderate due lack of ED awareness and reluctance among the male general population to discuss their sexual problems. With the patent expiry of Viagra in 2012, the market is expected to decline after 2011, with a CAGR of 3.2% from 2009 to 2017.
GlobalDatas analysis showed that the ED pipeline is weak. The products in the ED pipeline comprise of me-too molecules. Some of the promising me-too class drugs/molecules are in Phase III trials and are likely to get approval in coming years. One of the promising molecules is Avanafil, which is unlikely to have much impact as the market has high competition among similar products and will experience generic erosion after 2012 due to patent expiry of Viagra.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global ED therapeutics market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing an overview of the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action include serotonin and dopamine enhancers, PDE-5 inhibitors and Alpha1A-adrenoreceptors antagonisst.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ED therapeutics market. Key market players covered are VIVUS, Inc., Palatin Technologies, Inc. and Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and the implications for the future market associated with ED.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance and speed up your decision making capability and will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ED therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global ED therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global ED market landscape? Identify, understand, and capitalize
Table Of Contents
1 TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION: INTRODUCTION
2.1 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance
3 ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION: MARKET CHARACTERIZATION
3.1 Erectile Dysfunction Market Size
3.2 Erectile Dysfunction Market Forecast and CAGR
3.3 Drivers and Barriers for the Erectile Dysfunction Market
3.3.1 Drivers of the Erectile Dysfunction Market
3.3.2 Barriers for the Erectile Dysfunction Market
3.4 Opportunity and Unmet Need
3.5 Key Takeaway
4 ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION: COMPETITIVE ASSESSMENT
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Eerectile Dysfunction Market
4.3.1 Viagra (sildenafil citrate)
4.3.2 Cialis (tadalafil)
4.3.3 Levitra (verdenafil HCL)
4.3.4 Caverject (Alprostadil)
4.3.5 Muse (alprostadil)
4.4 Key Takeaway
5 ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION: PIPELINE ASSESSMENT
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytical Framework
5.3 Erectile Dysfunction Therapeutics – Promising Drugs under Clinical Development
5.4 Drugs under Clinical Development
5.5 Erectile Dysfunction – Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action
5.6 Erectile Dysfunction – Pipeline by Phases of Clinical Development
5.6.1 Erectile Dysfunction Therapeutics – Phase III Pipeline
5.6.2 Erectile Dysfunction – Phase II Pipeline
5.6.3 Erectile Dysfunction Therapeutics – Preclinical Pipeline
5.7 Discontinued / Suspended Drugs for Erectile Dysfunction
5.8 Key Takeaway
6 ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION MARKET: IMPLICATIONS FOR FUTURE MARKET COMPETITION
7 ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION MARKET: FUTURE PLAYERS IN THE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION MARKET
7.2 VIVUS, Inc.
7.2.2 Business Description
7.2.3 Sexual Dysfunction Portfolio
7.2.4 Erectile Dysfunction Product Portfolio
7.3 Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
7.3.2 Sexual Dysfunction Portfolio
7.3.3 ED Product Portfolio
7.4 Palatin Technologies, Inc.
7.4.2 Business Description
7.4.3 Sexual Dysfunction Portfolio
8 ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION: APPENDIX
8.2 Scope of Pipeline Research
8.4 Research Methodology
8.4.2 Secondary Research
8.4.4 Primary Research
8.4.5 Expert Panels
8.5 Contact Us
List of Table
Table 1: Erectile Dysfunction, Global, Market Revenues, $bn, 2001-2009 6
Table 2: Erectile Dysfunction Market, Global, Forecast Revenues, $bn, 2009-2017 7
Table 3: Major Marketed Products in the Erectile Dysfunction Market, 2010 18
Table 4: Erectile Dysfunction Therapeutics Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 20
Table 5: Erectile Dysfunction Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 6: Erectile Dysfunction Phase II Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 7: Erectile Dysfunction Therapeutics Preclinical Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 8: List of Discontinued Drugs for Erectile Dysfunction, 2010 24
Table 9: VIVUS, Inc. Sexual Dysfunction and Erectile Dysfunction Pipeline, 2010 27
Table 10: Rexahn Pharmaceuticals Inc. Sexual Dysfunction and Erectile Dysfunction Pipeline, 2010 29
Table 11: Palatin Technologies Sexual Dysfunction and Erectile Dysfunction Pipeline, 2010 31
List of Chart
Figure 1: Erectile Dysfunction Market, Global, Revenues ($bn), 20012009 6
Figure 2: Erectile Dysfunction Market, Global, Market Forecast, $bn, 2009-2017 7
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Erectile Dysfunction Market, 2010 9
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Marketed Products in Erectile Dysfunction, 2010 11
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Erectile Dysfunction Pipeline, 2010 19
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of Erectile Dysfunction Pipeline Description, 2010 20
Figure 7: Erectile Dysfunction Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 23
Figure 8: Erectile Dysfunction Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 23
Figure 9: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Erectile Dysfunction Market, 2010 25
Figure 10: Erectile Dysfunction Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 26
Figure 11: GlobalData Methodology 33
Figure 12: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 36