GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, ""Endometriosis - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017"". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global endometriosis market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global endometriosis market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global endometriosis sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates that the global endometriosis market was valued at $785m in 2009 and will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.3% to reach $1.1 billion by 2017. This modest growth forecast is primarily attributed to a weak pipeline landscape. The existing market is weak due to a lack of diagnostic techniques, disease awareness and the poor safety and efficacy profiles of the existing therapies. There is a high unmet need which is largely driven by the availability of drugs that are moderately successful in terms of safety and efficacy. The endometriosis market is primarily formed of generic and off-label drugs and has very few approved drugs which fall in the major therapeutic categories such as NSAIDs, oral contraceptives, GnRH agonists and progestins.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the endometriosis market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global endometriosis market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as GnRH antagonists, GnRH synergists, aromatase inhibitors, antiprogestins and steroid sulfatase inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global endometriosis market. Key market players covered are Bayer Healtcare Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc, Neurocrine Biosciences Inc., Æterna Zentaris Inc. and Repros Therapeutics Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the endometriosis therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global endometriosis market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global endometriosis market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global endometriosis market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of content
1 Table of contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Endometriosis: Introduction 5
2.1 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 5
3 Endometriosis: Market Characterization 6
3.1 Endometriosis Therapeutics Market Size 6
3.2 Endometriosis Therapeutics Market Forecast and CAGR 7
3.3 Drivers and Barriers for the Endometriosis Therapeutics Market 8
3.3.1 Drivers for Endometriosis Therapeutics Market 8
3.3.2 Barriers for the Endometriosis Therapeutics Market 9
3.4 Opportunity and Unmet Need 9
3.5 Key Takeaway 10
4 The Endometriosis Therapeutics Market: Competitive Assessment 11
4.1 Overview 11
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 11
4.3 Major Therapies in the Endometriosis Therapeutics Market 12
4.3.1 Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) for Endometriosis 12
4.3.2 Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH) agonists 12
4.3.3 Birth Control Hormones for Endometriosis 14
4.3.4 Progestins for Endometriosis 14
4.3.5 Danazol 15
4.4 Key Takeaway 16
5 Endometriosis Therapeutics Market: Pipeline Assessment 17
5.1 Overview 17
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 17
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 17
5.3 Endometriosis Therapeutics Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development 18
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 19
5.4.1 Visanne 19
5.4.2 Proellex 20
5.4.3 Elagolix 21
5.4.4 MPI-676 21
5.5 Endometriosis Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 23
5.6 Endometriosis Disease Pipeline Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development 23
5.6.1 Endometriosis Therapeutics Recently Approved Products 24
5.6.2 Endometriosis Therapeutics Phase II Pipeline 24
5.6.3 Endometriosis Therapeutics Phase I Pipeline 24
5.6.4 Endometriosis Therapeutics Preclinical Pipeline 24
5.7 Key Takeaway 25
6 Global Endometriosis Therapeutics Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 26
7 Endometriosis: Future Players in Endometriosis therapeutics market 27
7.1 Introduction 27
7.2 Abbott Laborateries 27
7.2.1 Company Overview 27
7.2.2 Business Overview 28
7.3 Bayer AG 29
7.3.1 Company Overview 29
7.3.2 Business Description 29
7.4 Repros Therapeutics, Inc 31
7.4.1 Company Overview 31
7.4.2 Business Description 31
7.5 Meditrina Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 32
7.5.1 Company Overview 32
7.6 Æterna Zentaris Inc
7.6.1 Company Overview
7.6.2 Business Description
8 Global Endometriosis Therapeutics Market: Appendix
8.2 Scope of Pipeline Research
8.4 Research Methodology
8.4.2 Secondary Research
8.4.4 Primary Research
8.4.5 Expert Panel Validation
8.5 Contact Us
List of Table
Table 1: Endometriosis Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue ($m), 20012009 7
Table 2: Endometriosis Therapeutics Market, Global, Market Forecasts ($m), 20092017 8
Table 3: Endometriosis Therapeutics Most Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 18
Table 4: Endometriosis Therapeutics Recently Approved Products, 2010 24
Table 5: Endometriosis Therapeutics Phase II Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 6: Endometriosis Therapeutics Phase I Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 7: Endometriosis Therapeutics Preclinical Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 8: Abbott Laborateries Womens Health Pipeline Products, 2010 29
Table 9: Bayer AG Womens Healthcare Pipeline Products, 2010 30
Table 10: Bayer AG Endometriosis Pipeline Products, 2010 30
Table 11: Repros Therapeutics Inc. Womens Health Pipeline Products, 2010 31
Table 12: Meditrinia Pharmaceuticals Inc. Womens Health Pipeline Products, 2010 32
Table 13: AEterna Zentaris Inc. Endometriosis Pipeline Products, 2010 33
List of Chart
Figure 1: Endometriosis Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue ($m), 20012009 7
Figure 2: Endometriosis Therapeutics Market, Global, Market Forecasts ($m), 20092017 8
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Endometriosis Therapeutics Market, 2010 10
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Major Marketed Products for Endometriosis, 2010 11
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Endometriosis Pipeline, 2010 17
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Endometriosis Pipeline Description, 2010 18
Figure 7: Endometriosis Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism Of Action, 2010 23
Figure 8: Endometriosis Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 23
Figure 9: Endometriosis Therapeutics Market Strategic Competitor Assessment, 2010 26
Figure 10: Endometriosis Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 27
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 37