Encapsulated Chocolate Flavor Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
Encapsulated Chocolate Flavor Market Outlook
Globalization is a powerful tool, which has changed the taste patterns of consumers across the globe. The way in which consumers perceive and interact with food products is a constantly evolving process. Controlled delivery of flavor is the key focus areas for the development of flavors. This has led to the rise of encapsulated chocolate flavor, and gradual replacement of conventional chocolate flavor with their flexible alternatives. The transition towards encapsulation process has led to the development of several types of encapsulated flavor, including encapsulated chocolate flavor variant. So why encapsulation of flavor necessary? Encapsulation is a technique used for sustained release of ingredients. It finds extensive application in food, pharmaceuticals, chemical, textile personal care and other industries. Encapsulation is expected to become a mainstream technology owing to benefits such as reduction in quantities of raw materials used, enhanced fragrance, improved shelf-life and enhanced taste. The demand for encapsulated chocolate flavor is expected to rise as conventional flavor takes over rigid. It is expected to be adopted by various industry verticals to ensure sustainability and adequate release of active compounds during product formulation processes.
Encapsulated Chocolate Flavor Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
Problems associated with conventional chocolate flavor which is not an encapsulated chocolate flavor is the lower shelf-life along with stability and reaction issues affiliated with these flavor. Although, that is not the case with encapsulated chocolate flavor. Increased shelf-life stability of encapsulated chocolate flavor prevents flavor from interacting with other elements in the products, which can change food color, properties, texture, whereas improved heat and oxidative resistance protects the flavor from processing heat, reducing volatility of molecules and protects flavor from degradation caused by air, and this applies to all encapsulation methods.
Encapsulated chocolate flavor is witnessing increasing adoption across various end-use industry sectors such as baking, dairy products and functional foods. This is attributed to increasing consumer awareness due to rising inclination towards products that offer health benefits. Moreover, traction of fortification of encapsulated chocolate flavor products among food manufacturers is increasing due to growing demand for nutritional products
- For instance, Silesia Gerhard Hanke GmbH & Co. KG, which is a flavor company, developed micro-encapsulated flavors with enhanced storage and quality properties. This is attributed to increasing application of encapsulated chocolate flavor across baked goods and beverages
Global Encapsulated Chocolate Flavor: Market Segmentation
On the basis of encapsulation process, the global encapsulated chocolate flavor market has been segmented as –
- Spray Drying
- Spray Congealing/ Chilling
- Fluid Bed Coating
- Glass Encapsulation
On the basis of application, the global encapsulated chocolate flavor market has been segmented as –
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Cereal & Oatmeal
- Snack Food
- Dairy Products
- Beverages & Instant Drinks
- Pharmaceutical & Personal Care
On the basis of flavor, the global encapsulated chocolate flavor market has been segmented as –
- Dark Chocolate
- Regular Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Couverture Chocolate
Global Encapsulated Chocolate Flavor Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global encapsulated chocolate flavor market are: Givaudan SA, Symrise AG,Firmenish S.A, Archer Daniels Midland Company, International Flavours & Fragrances, Inc, Sensient Technologies Corporation, Ingredion Incorporated, FONA International, Inc, Kerry Group, Takasago International Corporation, Frutarom Industries Ltd, Tate & Lyle PLC, and Cargill, Incorporated among others.
The global encapsulated chocolate flavor market has evolved on the backdrop of new product innovations, and is expected to continue to grow in the same way, during the forecast period.
Key Developments across the Globe:
- In October 2015, the Givaudan SA, laid the foundation for a new flavor manufacturing facility in Ranjangaon, Pune, India, which is expected to be fully functional in 2018. This move is the company’s largest investment in India since 1998. With this investment, the company is expected to enhance its presence in the Asia Pacific region for encapsulated chocolate flavor.
- In June 2017, Balchem Corporation, acquired Innovative Food Processors, Inc.(IFP). IFP is a regional manufacturer of agglomerated microencapsulated flavor in North America. The objective of this was to integrate expertise solutions of IFP in the flavor encapsulation research with the company’s expertise
- In March 2017, Firmenish S.A, initiated the construction of its new manufacturing facility for flavors in Zhangjiagang, China. This new plant will enable the company to operate throughout Asia Pacific region for encapsulated chocolate flavor and provide superior services to its customers for
- In June 2017, International Flavours and Fragrances (IFF) started a new company, Tastepoint in order to improve its share in the U.S. market. Through Tastepoint, it is expected to cater to increasing demand for encapsulated chocolate flavor in the regional market
Opportunities for Market Participants
Manufacturers could focused on developing innovative products, while complying with regulations for food grade material usage. As the market is dominated by big companies, local players from countries such as China and India can start offering encapsulated chocolate flavor at comparatively lower price. Moreover, growing demand for functional food products in these countries is expected to increase options for various new entrants in the encapsulated chocolate flavor market in the near future. Furthermore, companies need to efficiently blend ingredients, while ensuring taste, flavor and shelf-life stability of finished products is of vital importance. Also, companies need to focus on enhancing encapsulation technology for enhanced product life of encapsulated chocolate flavor in applications such as dairy products, beverages and animal nutrition products.
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, distribution and product types of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall encapsulated chocolate flavor market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the encapsulated chocolate flavor market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the encapsulated chocolate flavor market and its potential
- Market dynamics affecting the encapsulated chocolate flavor market, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the encapsulated chocolate flavor market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key segments, regions and by major encapsulated chocolate flavor market participants
- Analysis of encapsulated chocolate flavor supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the encapsulated chocolate flavor market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the encapsulated chocolate flavor market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Confectionary
ConfectionaryGlobal Sugar Confectionery Market Research Report 2017