Employee Benefits in Zambia 2017
The Zambian social security system is based on the social insurance model and provides protection against income loss due to retirement, disability and death. All employed individuals in the formal sector are required to contribute to statutory pension scheme. Individuals not covered by the scheme can contribute voluntarily. The insurance industrys growth was recently affected by bottlenecks such as its legal framework, fiscal regime and investment climate, which are expected to be addressed soon by the Pensions and Insurance Authority.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Zambia, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Zambia, detailed information about the private benefits in Zambia, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Zambia.
- The main state and compulsory benefits in effect in Zambia include old age, survivor's and disability pension; short-term sickness benefits; workmens compensation insurance; maternity benefits and medical care benefits.
- State and compulsory benefits include all mandatory benefits to be provided to employees.
- The national social security institutions are the National Pensions Scheme Authority (NAPSA), the Public Service Pension Fund (PSPF) and the Local Authorities Superannuation Fund (LASF).
- Zambia implemented a new social security system to protect formal sector employees and their dependents against any loss of income.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Zambia.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Zambia.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Zambia.
- Assess Zambian employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Zambia.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Zambian employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN ZAMBIA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.2 Types of Retirement Plan
6.1.5 Pensionable salary
6.1.7 Payment Options
6.1.8 Employee and employer contributions
6.2 Death in Service
6.2.4 Payment Options
6.2.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.3 Long-Term Disability Benefits
6.3.4 Payment Options
6.3.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.4 Short-Term Sickness Benefits
6.4.4 Employee and employer contributions
6.5 Medical Benefits
6.5.4 Employee and employer contributions
6.6 Workmens Compensation Insurance
6.6.4 Payment options
6.6.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.7 Maternity and Paternity Benefits
6.7.4 Employee and employer contributions
6.8 Annual Vacations
7 PRIVATE BENEFITS
7.1 Medical and Health Benefits
7.2 Other Benefits
8.2 Contact GlobalData
8.3 About GlobalData
8.4 GlobalDatas Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Zambia - Country Statistics
Table 3: LASF Member - Annuity
Table 4: PSPF Member - Children Survivor Benefits
Table 5: PSPF Member - Children Survivor Benefits When Member Leaves No Spouse
List of Figures
Figure 1: Zambia - Main Institutions of Social Security System
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.