Employee Benefits in Uganda 2018
Ugandas social security system only covers a small portion of the population. The majority of workers and their families are not covered under the countrys social security system; however, the government plans to introduce new social security benefits. The government is planning to include maternity and unemployment benefits; health insurance; funeral grants; and school fees for the children of workers. The two important formal social security schemes in Uganda are the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and the Public Service Pension Scheme.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Uganda, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Uganda, detailed information about the private benefits in Uganda, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Uganda.
- State benefits are granted by the government of a particular country to all employed, self-employed and unemployed persons and their dependents residing in Uganda.
- Compulsory benefits are provided by employers to their employees and are mandated by law.
- The majority of workers and their families are not covered under the social security system.
- The Armed Forces pension scheme is a scheme that covers civil servants in Uganda under the Armed Forces Pensions Act.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Uganda.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Uganda.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Uganda.
- Assess Uganda's employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Uganda.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Uganda's employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN UGANDA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.2 Types of Retirement Plan
6.1.5 Pensionable Salary
6.1.7 Payment Options
6.1.8 Typical Employer Practice
6.1.9 Employee and employer contributions
6.2 Death in Service
6.2.4 Payment Options
6.2.5 Typical Employer Practice
6.2.6 Employee and employer contributions
6.3 Long-Term Disability Benefits
6.3.4 Payment Options
6.3.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.3.6 Typical Employer Practice
6.4 Short-Term Sickness Benefits
6.5 Workmens Compensation Insurance
6.5.4 Payment Options
6.5.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.6 Maternity and Paternity Benefits
6.6.4 Payment Options
6.6.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.7 Leave and Holidays
6.7.1 Annual Leave
6.7.2 Public Holidays
6.7.3 Weekly Rest Days
6.7.4 Overtime Compensation
6.7.5 Emigration Grant
7 PRIVATE BENEFITS
7.1 Retirement Benefits
7.2 Disability Benefits
7.3 Death Benefits
7.4 Medical and Health Benefits
7.5 Other Benefits
8.2 Contact GlobalData
8.3 About GlobalData
8.4 GlobalDatas Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Uganda - Country Statistics
Table 3: Uganda - Overall Contribution Rate
Table 4: Uganda - Public Holidays
List of Figures
Figure 1: Uganda- Main Institutions of Social Security System
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.