Employee Benefits in Spain, 2020 Update
- September 2020
- 51 pages
The Spanish social security system covers the countrys entire population, including foreigners who work in the country. It also protects those of Spanish origin, as well as their dependents who reside in foreign countries. The main objective of this system is to formulate a single and integrated model of social protection, in order to guarantee adequate social assistance and a source of funds for various benefits, with contributions from insured individuals, employers, and the state. However, the recent sovereign debt crisis in Europe has adversely impacted the Spanish social security system. The recession in property dealings affected Spains property and housing sector, and thus raised the level of unemployment. As a result of this, the payment of unemployment benefits has increased, rising government expenditure, and forcing the state to impose high taxes and charge for all free medical and healthcare services. Furthermore, the countrys private employee benefits sector was also adversely affected by the crisis
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Spain, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Spain, detailed information about the private benefits in Spain, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Spain.
- The National Social Security Institute (INSS) is responsible for the functioning of the overall social security system.
- A persons national insurance contribution is determined based on their income.
- An insured person who is unemployed or unable to work and whose benefits have been exhausted is entitled to credited contribution.
- In Spain, employers provide voluntary retirement benefits to their employees through voluntary insurance contracts
This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Spain -
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Spain
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Spain.
- Assess Spain's employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Spain.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Spain's employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020