Employee Benefits in Malta 2018
The Maltese economy is one of the smallest in the EU. Employee benefits in Malta can be broadly classified into two types: social security benefits and private benefits. The Maltese social security system covers the entire population and plays a vital role in the countrys welfare system. Almost all employers in Malta offer additional benefits to their employees to motivate and retain them.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Malta, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Malta, detailed information about the private benefits in Malta, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Malta.
- The Ministry for the Family and Social Solidarity, the Ministry for Health and the Department of Social Security are the main authorities supervising Maltese social security system in Malta.
- .The main benefits provided by the Maltese social security system are retirement benefits, disability benefits, sickness benefits, death benefits, workmens compensation, maternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment benefits, health benefits, long-term care benefits and minimum resources benefits.
- The Maltese Social Security Act waives obligations relating to contribution payment in some exceptional cases.
- According to the Wage Regulation Order (WRO), the minimum wage for part-time employees is calculated on pro-rata basis in accordance with the full-time employees hourly rate.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Malta.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Malta.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Malta.
- Assess Maltese employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Malta.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Maltese employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN MALTA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.2 Types of retirement plan
6.1.4 Pensionable age
6.1.5 Pensionable salary
6.1.7 Payment options
6.1.8 Employee and employer contributions
6.2 Death in Service
6.2.4 Payment options
6.2.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.3 Long-Term Disability Benefits
6.3.4 Payment options
6.3.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.4 Short-Term Sickness Benefits
6.4.4 Payment options
6.4.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.5 Medical Benefits
6.5.4 Payment options
6.5.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.6 Workmens Compensation Insurance
6.6.4 Payment options
6.6.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.7 Maternity and Paternity Benefits
6.7.4 Payment options
6.7.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.8 Family Benefits
6.8.4 Payment options
6.8.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.9 Long-Term Care Benefits
6.9.4 Payment options
6.9.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.1 Minimum Resources
6.10.4 Payment options
6.10.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.11 Unemployment Benefits
6.11.4 Payment options
6.11.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.12.2 Annual leave
6.12.3 Maternity leave
6.12.4 Parental leave
6.12.5 Sick leave
6.12.6 Other leave
7 PRIVATE BENEFITS
7.1 Retirement Benefits
7.2 Disability Benefits
7.3 Death Benefits
7.4 Medical and Health Benefits
7.5 Other Benefits
8.2 Contact GlobalData
8.3 About GlobalData
8.4 GlobalDatas Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Malta - Country Statistics
Table 3: Social Security Contributions (Class 1) Rate Basis (2018)
Table 4: Social Security Contributions (Class 2) Rate Basis (2018)
Table 5: National Minimum Wage, 2018
Table 6: Retirement Benefits: Early Retirement Contribution
Table 7: Retirement Benefits: Pensionable Age
Table 8: Retirement Benefits: Minimum Retirement Pension, 2017
Table 9: Retirement Benefits: Weekly Cost of Living Bonus, 2017
Table 10: Retirement Benefits: Contributions Paid by Employees (2018)
Table 11: Retirement Benefits: Contribution Paid by Employers
Table 12: Retirement Benefits: Maximum and Minimum Contribution by Self-Occupied Persons (Weekly)
Table 13: Workmens Compensation: Benefit Paid on the Basis of Degree of Disability, 2017
Table 14: Family Benefits: Maximum Child Benefit, 2017
Table 15: Long-Term Care Benefits: Long-Term Care User Charges
Table 16: Minimum Resources: Minimum Guaranteed Resource Paid, 2015
Table 17: Leave - Fixed National and Public Holidays
List of Figures
Figure 1: Malta - Main Institutions of Social Security System
Figure 2: Major Departments in the Department of Social Security
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.