Employee Benefits in Kenya 2018
Kenyas social security system is considered important for the security of workers, their families and the community as a whole. The Kenyan social security system is divided into three pillars - a public scheme, occupational schemes and individual schemes.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Kenya, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Kenya, detailed information about the private benefits in Kenya, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Kenya.
- The Kenyan social security system provides compulsory benefits such as old-age, disability, sickness, death, maternity, work injury, unemployment and medical care, for different groups of individuals such as children, employed, unemployed, retired or elderly individuals.
- In Kenya, private benefits are classified under the second and third pillars - occupational schemes and individual schemes.
- The Kenyan social security system is divided into three pillars.
- The NSSF is the largest social security scheme, covering almost all of the formal labor force.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Kenya.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Kenya.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Kenya.
- Assess Kenyan employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Kenya.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Kenyan employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN KENYA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1 Retirement Benefits
6.1.2 Types of Retirement Plan
6.1.6 Typical Employer Practice
6.1.7 Payment Options
6.1.8 Employee and employer contributions
6.2 Death in Service
6.2.4 Payment Options
6.2.5 Typical Employer Practice
6.2.6 Employee and employer contributions
6.3 Long-Term Disability Benefits
6.3.4 Payment Options
6.3.5 Typical Employer Practice
6.3.6 Employee and employer contributions
6.4 Short-Term Sickness Benefits
6.4.4 Payment Options
6.4.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.5 Medical Benefits
6.5.4 Payment Options
6.5.5 Typical Employer Practice
6.5.6 Employee and Employer Contribution
6.6 Workmens Compensation Insurance
6.6.4 Payment Options
6.6.5 Employee and Employers Contributions
6.7 Maternity and Paternity Benefits
6.7.4 Payment Options
6.7.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.8 Redundancy Benefits
6.8.4 Payment Options
6.8.5 Employee and employer contributions
6.9 Leaves and Holidays
6.9.1 Annual Leave
6.9.2 Compassionate Leave
6.9.3 Public Holidays
6.9.4 Weekly Rest Days
6.9.5 Leave paid to casual workers
6.1 Overtime Pay
6.10.2 Rate of Payment of Overtime benefit
6.10.3 Emigration Benefits
7 PRIVATE BENEFITS
7.1 Retirement Benefits
7.2 Death Benefits
7.3 Disability Benefits
7.4 Medical and Health Benefits
7.5 Other Benefits
8.2 Contact GlobalData
8.3 About GlobalData
8.4 GlobalDatas Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Kenya - Country Statistics
Table 3: Kenya - Taxation of Lump-sum Benefits Paid Under Tax-qualified Plans
Table 4: Kenya Retirement Benefits - Contribution Rates
Table 5: Kenya Retirement Benefits - Tier One and Tier Two Contribution Rates
Table 6: Kenya Retirement Benefits - Taxation Under Tax-Qualified Plans, January 1, 2018
Table 7: Kenya Short-term Sickness Benefits - Contribution Rates
Table 8: Kenya Medical Benefits - Co-payment
Table 9: Kenya Medical Benefits - Contribution Rates
Table 10: Kenyan Maternity and Paternity Benefits - Contribution Rates
Table 11: Kenya - Public Holidays
List of Figures
Figure 1: Kenya - Main Institutions of Social Security System
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.