Employee Benefits in Estonia 2018
Estonia has a well-developed social security system that covers the risks of employees, self-employed persons and their family members. The Estonian social protection system includes pension, health, and unemployment insurance. Pension and health insurance are financed by social taxes, while unemployment insurance is financed by contributions. General state revenues fund benefits for disabled individuals, the national pension, death grants, and family benefits. The Ministry of Social Affairs is accountable for social security, social care, and welfare. The main reforms of the Estonian pension system took place in the late 1990s. In 1999, the first pillar (state pension insurance schemes) was restructured, the second pillar (compulsory funded pension schemes) was introduced in 2002, and the third pillar (private pension schemes) was established in 1998. The private companies in Estonia offer private pension programs to employees.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Estonia, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Estonia, detailed information about the private benefits in Estonia, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Estonia.
- The main reforms in the Estonian pension system took place in the late 1990s.
- All individuals can voluntarily participate in private pension schemes (voluntary supplementary pension schemes) under the third pillar.
- The Estonian social protection system includes pension, health, and unemployment insurance.
- General state revenues fund the remaining schemes such as unemployment allowance, benefits for disabled individuals, national pensions, death grants and family benefits.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Estonia.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Estonia.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Estonia.
- Assess Estonian employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Estonia.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Estonian employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1. What is this Report About?
3 COUNTRY STATISTICS
4 OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS IN ESTONIA
6 STATE AND COMPULSORY BENEFITS
6.1. Retirement Benefits
6.1.5. Payment Options
6.1.6. Employee and employer contributions
6.2. Death in Service
6.2.2. Payment Options
6.2.3. Employee and employer contributions
6.3. Long-Term Disability Benefits
6.3.4. Payment Options
6.3.5. Employee and employer contributions
6.4. Short-Term Sickness Benefits
6.4.4. Payment Options
6.4.5. Employee and employer contributions
6.5. Medical Benefits
6.5.4. Employee and employer contributions
6.6. Workmens Compensation Insurance
6.6.4. Employee and employer contributions
6.7. Maternity and Paternity Benefits
6.7.4. Payment Options
6.7.5. Employee and employer contributions
6.8. Family Benefits
6.8.4. Payment Options
6.8.5. Employee and employer contributions
6.9. Long-Term Care Insurance
6.9.4. Employee and employer contributions
6.10. Minimum Resources
6.10.4. Payment Options
6.10.5. Employee and employer contributions
6.11. Unemployment Benefits
6.11.4. Payment Options
6.11.5. Employee and employer contributions
6.12. Leaves and Holidays
6.12.1. Annual leave
6.12.2. Public holidays
7 PRIVATE BENEFITS
8.2. Contact GlobalData
1.2 About GlobalData
8.3. GlobalDatas Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Estonia - Country Statistics
Table 3: Estonia - Qualifying Period for Long-Term Disability Benefit
Table 4: Estonian Long-term Care Benefits in Kind
Table 5: Leave - Fixed National and Public Holidays
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.