A detailed market research report on the El Salvador beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises high level market research data on the El Salvador beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The beer market had some innovations in 2011, as some imported beers began competing with national market leaders in the mainstream, premium, and super-premium segments.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Although beer consumption in El Salvador is very low compared with other countries, new launches boosted this category and buffered falls in consumption.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The El Salvador Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the El Salvador Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011, plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, and beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles for ten major brewers.
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs non-refillable, and multi-serve vs single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices, are also included.
- The subsidy on propane gas was removed after more than 20 years, increasing the price from US$5.10 to US$14.68, this price was set by the Ministry of the Economy, and was a hard hit to the personal finances of more than 1 million families.
- In December a tax reform was approved, which includes new taxes on dividends, gross sales and income, which takes effect from 2012, so Salvadorans are prepared for a rough fiscal year.
- Super-premium beers decreased by 8% from 2010. Together, premium and super premium account for less than 5% of the market.
- The consumption of discount beers is expected to continue growing at higher rates in 2012.
- Although beer consumption in El Salvador is very low compared with other countries, new launches boosted this category and buffered falls in consumption.
- Young consumers favoured spirits as a result of the fashionable image of cane spirit, rum, and vodka.
- Discount beers increased by more than 8% from the previous year, making this segment the one that gained the most market share from all price ranges.
- Super-premium beers decreased by 8% from 2010. Together, premium and super-premium account for less than 5% of the market.
Table of Content
The Consumer Palate
All Commercial Beverages
Legislation and Taxation
Market Parameter Tables
Population Size and Growth 1983-2014F
Economic Indicators 2003-2013F
Legislation and Taxation Tables
Table 1.5.1 - Taxation Base
Table 1.5.3 - Legal Controls on Beer
Table 1.5.4 - Tax Burden on Beer @ 5% Abv, 2011
Market Background Briefing
Beer Definitions by Type - Local Segmentation
Beer Definitions by Type - Standard Price Segmentation
Beer Definitions by Type - Alcoholic Strength
Beer Definitions by Type - Beer Type
Beer Definitions by Type - Local, National and International
Beer Key Facts
Current and Emerging Trends.
Imports and Exports
Top 10 Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011
Top 10 International Premium and Superpremium Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011
Licensed Brand Owners and Licensees
New Products Activity
Chart - Leading Brewers/Importers, 2011
Chart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011
Chart - Distribution by Channel, 2011
Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2011
Market Valuation and Pricing
Beer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
Distribution Trends .
Distribution and Pricing Tables
Table 3.8 - Leading Importers and Distributors, 2011
Table 3.9 - Trade Margin Build-Up Model
Table 3.10.1 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012
Selected Consumer Beer Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012
Beer Data Tables
Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Litres, 2001-2012F
Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012F
Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2001-2011
Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Litres, 2001-2012F
Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Litres of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012F
Beer Production/Trade/Consumption, 2001-2012F
Beer Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2001-2012F
Consumption of FABs and Cider, 1999-2012F
Beer Foreign Trade By Country (Imports), 2008-2012F
Beer Foreign Trade By Country (Exports), 2008-2012F
Beer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
Beer Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012F
Beer Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
Beer Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012F
Beer Consumption by Type, 2008-2012F
Beer Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012F
Beer All Trademarks, 2007-2011
Beer Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011
Beer Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011
Beer Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011
Beer Brands by Type, 2007-2011 Beer Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011
Beer Licensed Brands, 2007-2011
Beer Trademark Owners, 2007-2011
Beer Local Operators, 2007-2011
Beer Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011
Beer Consumption by Pack Mix: Refillability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012F
Beer Distribution: On vs Off Premise, 2008-2012F
INDUSTRIAS LA CONSTANCIA - part of SABMiller (BevCo)
La Constancia Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
AMBEV CENTROAMERICA SA (A-BINBEV)
PEPSI EL SALVADOR
Pepsi El Salvador Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
CETOR SA DE CV