GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Dystonia - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global dystonia market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global dystonia market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global dystonia sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates that the global dystonia market was worth $209m in 2009. The market is expected to grow by 6% during the next seven years to reach $327m by 2017. Although the drug pipeline for the treatment of dystonia is weak, the launch of Ipsen’s Dysport in early 2009, and the launch of Merz Pharmaceutical’s Xeomin in August 2010, is the primary driver for increased market growth. The market remains well-served with more than four products, most of which are significantly efficacious in their respective target areas. Essentially, the global dystonia market is heading towards a phase of continuous growth, leveraging the current opportunities
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the dystonia market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global dystonia market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Acetycholine Inhibitors, Canabinoid receptor stimulation, sodium channel inhibitors, calcium channel inhibitors and so on.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global dystonia market. Key market players covered are Mentor Corporation and Taro pharmaceuticals.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the dystonia therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global dystonia market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global dystonia market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global dystonia market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Dystonia: Introduction 5
2.1 Overview 5
2.2 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 6
3 Dystonia: Market Characterization 7
3.1 Dystonia Market Size 7
3.2 Dystonia Market Forecast and CAGR 7
3.3 Drivers and Barriers for the Dystonia Market 8
3.3.1 Drivers for the Dystonia market 8
3.3.2 Barriers for the Dystonia market 9
3.4 Opportunity and Unmet Need 9
3.5 Key Takeaway 10
4 Dystonia Market: Competitive Assessment 11
4.1 Overview 11
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 11
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Dystonia Market 12
4.3.1 BOTOX (onabotulinumtoxinA) 12
4.3.2 DYSPORT (abobotulinumtoxinA) 13
4.3.3 MYOBLOC (rimabotulinumtoxinB) 13
4.3.4 Xeomin (NT-201) (botulinum neurotoxin type A) 14
4.4 Key Takeaway 16
5 Dystonia Market: Pipeline Assessment 17
5.1 Overview 17
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 17
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 17
5.3 Dystonia Therapeutics Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 18
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 19
5.4.1 T2000 (Taro Pharmaceuticals) 19
5.4.2 PurTox (Mentor Corporation) 19
5.4.3 Amlodipine + BTX (National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke) 20
5.5 Dystonia Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 21
5.5.1 Dystonia Pipeline Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 22
5.5.2 Dystonia Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 22
5.5.3 Dystonia Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline 22
5.6 Key Takeaway 22
6 Dystonia Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 23
7 Dystonia Market: Future Players in the Dystonia Market 24
7.1 Introduction 24
7.2 Mentor Corporation, the US 24
7.2.1 Overview 24
7.2.2 Movement Disorders Portfolio 25
7.3 Taro Pharmaceuticals 25
7.3.1 Overview 25
7.4 National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, the US 26
7.4.1 Overview 26
7.4.2 Movement Disorders Portfolio 26
8 Dystonia Market: Appendix 27
8.1 Definitions 27
8.2 Acronyms 27
8.3 Research Methodology 27
8.3.1 Coverage 27
8.3.2 Secondary Research 28
8.3.3 Forecasting 28
8.3.4 Primary Research 30
8.3.5 Expert Panel Validation 31
8.4 Contact Us 31
8.5 Disclaimer 31
8.6 Sources 32
List of Table
Table 1: Dystonia Market Revenues ($m), Global, 20012009 7
Table 2: Dystonia Market Forecast ($m), 20092017 8
Table 3: Major Marketed Products Comparison in the Dystonia Market, 2010 16
Table 4: Dystonia Therapeutics Most Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 18
Table 5: Dystonia Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 22
Table 6: Dystonia Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 22
Table 7: Mentor Corporation Dystonia Pipeline Products, 2010 25
Table 8: Taro Pharmaceuticals Dystonia Pipeline Products, 2010 26
Table 9: NINDS Dystonia Pipeline Products, 2010 26
List of Chart
Figure 1: Dystonia Market Revenues ($m), Global, 20012009 7
Figure 2: Dystonia Market Forecast ($m), Global, 2009-2017 8
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Dystonia Market, 2010 10
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Marketed Products for Dystonia, 2010 11
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Dystonia Pipeline, 2010 17
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Dystonia Pipeline Description, 2010 18
Figure 7: Dystonia Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 21
Figure 8: Dystonia Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 22
Figure 9: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Dystonia Market, 2010 23
Figure 10: Dystonia Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 24
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 30
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.