GlobalData, the industry analysis specialists new report, Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 is an essential source of information and analysis on the global dysmenorrhea market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global dysmenorrhea market. The report also provides insight into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring a significant shift in the positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global dysmenorrhea sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts
The global dysmenorrhea therapeutics market was valued at $558m in 2009. It is expected to grow to $750m at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.8% by 2017. This slow growth is primarily attributed to a lack of diagnostic techniques, disease awareness and off-label usage of drugs. The current competitive landscape consists only of generics and off-label therapies, none of which have a dominant position. The current emphasis has been on treating the symptoms of the disease without providing a clinical endpoint.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global dysmenorrhea market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for eight years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US (United States), the UK (United Kingdom), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases by the mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action include prostaglandin synthetase inhibitors, ER beta agonists and COX-2 inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global dysmenorrhea market. Key market players covered are China Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company, Vantia Therapeutics, Columbia Laboratories, Merck and Bayer Schering Pharma AG.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessments, market characterization, the unmet needs and the implications for the future market associated with dysmenorrhea.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of the pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global dysmenorrhea market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global dysmenorrhea market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain the competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global dysmenorrhea market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of content
1 Table of contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 5
2 Dysmenorrhea: Introduction 6
2.1 Overview 6
2.2 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 7
3 Dysmenorrhea Market: Market Characterization 8
3.1 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market Size 8
3.2 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market Forecast and CAGR 9
3.3 Drivers and Barriers for the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market 11
3.3.1 Drivers for the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market 11
3.3.2 Barriers for the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market 11
3.4 Opportunity and Unmet Need 12
3.5 Key Takeaway 13
4 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market: Competitive Assessment 14
4.1 Overview 14
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 14
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market 15
4.3.1 Celebrex (celecoxib) 15
4.3.2 Ponstel (mefenamic acid) 16
4.3.3 Naprelan (naproxen sodium) 17
4.3.4 Cataflam/Voltaren (diclofenac potassium/sodium tablets) 18
4.4 Key Takeaway 19
5 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market: Pipeline Assessment 20
5.1 Overview 20
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 20
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 20
5.3 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 21
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 22
5.4.1 TJSL Capsules 22
5.4.2 VA111913 22
5.4.3 Lidocaine Vaginal Gel 23
5.4.4 YAZ flex/SH T00186 D (drosperinone & ethinyl estradiol) 24
5.4.5 MK0663 (etoricoxib) 25
5.5 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 26
5.6 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Pipeline Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 27
5.6.1 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline 27
5.6.2 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 28
5.6.3 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline 28
5.6.4 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Pre-clinical Pipeline 28
5.7 Key Takeaway 28
6 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 29
7 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market: Future Players in the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market 30
7.1 Introduction 30
7.2 China Aoxing Pharmaceutical Co., Inc 31
7.2.1 Overview 31
7.2.2 Dysmenorrhea Portfolio 31
7.2.3 Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Portfolio 31
7.3 Merck 32
7.3.1 Overview 32
7.3.2 Dysmenorrhea Portfolio 33
7.3.3 Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Portfolio 33
7.4 Vantia Therapeutics 33
7.4.1 Overview 33
7.4.2 Dysmenorrhea Portfolio 34
7.4.3 Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Portfolio 34
7.5 Bayer Schering Pharma 35
7.5.1 Overview 35
7.5.2 Dysmenorrhea Portfolio 35
7.5.3 Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Portfolio 35
7.6 Columbia Laboratories 36
7.6.1 Overview 36
7.6.2 Dysmenorrhea Portfolio 36
7.6.3 Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Portfolio 36
8 Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market: Appendix 38
8.1 Definitions 38
8.2 Acronyms 38
8.3 Research Methodology 39
8.3.1 Coverage 39
8.3.2 Secondary Research 40
8.3.3 Forecasting 40
8.3.4 Primary Research 43
8.3.5 Expert Panel Validation 43
8.4 Contact Us 43
8.5 Disclaimer 43
8.6 Sources 44
List of Table
Table 1: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenues ($m), 2001-2009 9
Table 2: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue Forecasts ($m), 2009-2017 10
Table 3: Major Marketed Products Comparison in the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market, 2010 18
Table 4: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Most Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 21
Table 5: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 27
Table 6: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 28
Table 7: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 28
Table 8: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Pre-Clinical Pipeline, 2010 28
Table 9: China Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Products, 2010 31
Table 10: Merck Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Products, 2010 33
Table 11: Vantia Therapeutics Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Products, 2010 34
Table 12: Bayer Schering Pharma Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Products, 2010 35
Table 13: Columbia Laboratories Dysmenorrhea Pipeline Products, 2010 36
List of Chart
Figure 1: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenues ($m), 2001-2009 9
Figure 2: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue Forecasts ($m), 2009-2017 10
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market, 2009 12
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Major Marketed Products in Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics, 2010 15
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Dysmenorrhea Pipeline, 2010 20
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Pipeline Description, 2010 21
Figure 7: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market, Global, Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action (%), 2010 26
Figure 8: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 27
Figure 9: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market, 2009 29
Figure 10: Dysmenorrhea Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Company (No. of Molecules), 2010 30
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model, 2010 42