Decoding the Blockchain Ecosystem for Telecoms: Value Chain, Players, and Telco Opportunities
- September 2019
- 29 pages
Blockchain enables transactions to be executed in a distributed, inalterable and secure mode, with cost and time efficiencies. Although still emerging, blockchain is being driven by increasing demand for digital security along with government investments and the promise of reducing transactions time and costs. Telcos are joining the development of blockchain use cases to drive new revenue streams, efficiency, and security.
Decoding the Blockchain Ecosystem for Telecoms: Value Chain, Players and Telco Opportunities, a Global Outlook Report by GlobalData, lays out the key blockchain definitions and main drivers & inhibitors, decodes the blockchain ecosystem & value chain, and summarizes the service use cases that can be harnessed by telcos to transform & monetize the blockchain opportunity.
The report also provides a number of blockchain value chain positioning options that telcos can consider to drive new revenue streams. It also offers case studies analyzing telcos blockchain initiatives and commercial solutions in specific network, operations, products, and business solution areas. It gives an overview of the partnerships involved & the key benefits aimed internally and for the target business clients and vertical industries.
The report is structured as follows -
Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context; an overview of the key blockchain definitions, technologies, adoption drivers and inhibitors, including national blockchain initiatives and security considerations.
Section 2: The Blockchain Ecosystem; an analysis of the blockchain value chain, ecosystem players' map, and telecoms blockchain use cases.
Section 3: Case Studies; provides four telecom operators case studies with an analysis of their blockchain initiatives, blockchain use cases, and commercial offerings. The case studies also give an overview of the key partnershis involved, benefits intended, and target customer segments for the blockchain solutions.
Section 4: Findings and recommendations; we conclude the report with a set of key findings for telecom operators on the current state of the telecoms blockchain market and key recommendations to help them harness the benefits of blockchain and drive new revenue streams.
- Blockchain implementation is valuable in driving telcos service innovation, improving business agility, helping them yield new revenue streams and powering 5G & IoT security.
- A number of telcos have already started implementing blockchain networks through, for instance, partnerships with global cloud providers and startups, or through in-house development.
- Beyond using blockchain for their own operations and supply chains, telcos can also yield new revenue streams from the blockchain opportunity by playing a role in the blockchain value chain and by providing new solutions such as blockchain platform as a service along with a set of vertical-specific blockchain solutions.
Reasons to buy
- This Global Outlook Report provides an extensive examination of the blockchain ecosystem to help telecom operators harness the technology and related business model levers required for telcos' internal transformation and to help them capture new revenue streams in the blockchain value chain.
- The report objective is to help inform global industry executives' decision-making process on the blockchain drivers & inhibitors, application areas, service and commercial positioning strategies.
- Four case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights into telecom operators' blockchain initiatives and commercial solutions; this will help industry executives understand the drivers and benefits blockchain can create for them as well as the business & partnership models telcos can adopt to get access and deploy blockchain capabilities.
- The report maps the blockchain ecosystem players' landscape, specifying the players' role in the blockchain value chain. It also provides a number of value chain positioning options to be considered and assessed by telcos in order for them to play an active role in the blockchain space and monetize the arising opportunity.
- With twelve exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help them understand and determine the adequate evolution moves for their blockchain strategies.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Technology
TechnologySelf-Service Technology Market: Current Scenario and Forecast (2020-2026): Emphasis on Product Type (Vending Machine, Automated Teller Machine, Kiosks), Vending Machine Type (Beverage, Candy, Snacks, Gumball, Cigarette), ATM Type (Conventional, Brown Label, White Label, Smart ATM, Cash Dispenser), Kiosks Type (Photo, DVD, Ticketing, HR& Employment, Patient Self Service, Information Providing, Banking & Financial, Specialized), Solution Type (Deployment, Managed Services) and Region/Country
TechnologyAsia-Pacific Smart Homes Technology Market: Insights and Forecast, 2018-2024: Emphasis on Application (Safety and Security, Smart Appliances, Heating Ventilating, Air Conditioning (HVAC), Home Entertainment, Smart Lighting Systems, Smart Energy Management), Technology (Wireless and Wired Smart Home Technology), End-Users (Residential and Commercials End-Users)