Country Profile: Prepared Meals sector in Brazil
- March 2017
- 88 pages
The Brazilian Prepared Meals sector is the largest in value terms in Latin American region. Driven by rising women employment rates, changing lifestyles, and shifting eating patterns, the demand for Prepared Meals in the country is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during 2016-2021. Of the three markets, Ready Meals is the largest and the most lucrative market with high market share and high growth rate. Although the Brazilian Prepared Meals sector is growing, the per capita consumption in the country is lower when compared to the global level, however it is higher when compared to the per capita consumption in the Latin American region
GlobalDatas Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in Brazil provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2016-2021
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Meal Kits, Pizza and Ready Meals with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: film, trays, tubs, foils and others.
- The Prepared Meals sector in Brazil grew at a CAGR of 10.7% during 2011-2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during 2016-2021.
- Of the three markets, Ready Meals is the largest in the Brazilian Prepared Meals sector with nearly more than half of the value share in 2016.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for the Brazilian Prepared Meals sector, accounted for a nearly a three - fourth of the value share in 2016.
- The per capita consumption in the Brazil Ready Meals market is more than the per capita consumption at regional level.
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material with 48.8% volume share in the Brazil's Prepared Meals sector.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Prepared Meals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.