Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Indonesia 2016
"Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Indonesia 2016", report examines the consumer payments market in Indonesia, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. The report also examines the main regulatory players overseeing the market.
Indonesia remains a cash-driven economy, although new payment technologies are expected to gradually increase in importance, with e-commerce and mobile payments in particular predicted to drive significant growth and opportunities through 2021. The modernization of the countrys payments infrastructure and the National Non-Cash Movement promoted by Bank Indonesia will support the transition to digital payments. However, this change will take time to spread throughout the market.
Specifically the report -
- Analyzes consumer attitudes to financial services by lifestage.
- Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Indonesia are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in Indonesia by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- While cash remains an important traditional payment tool in Indonesia, cards will be used more frequently as the move to non-cash payments accelerates.
- There is significant future growth potential in e-commerce, which will be driven by an increase in mobile internet penetration as well as the emerging middle class.
- In spite of recent progress, Indonesias payment acceptance network is still underdeveloped, with only 1 point of sale terminal per 246 people and 1 ATM per 2,501 people in 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Indonesia.
- Learn what trends drive consumer behavior at the macro level and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market.
- Discover consumer sentiments towards various payment tools in the Indonesian market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.