Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Germany 2016
- June 2017
- 44 pages
"Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Germany 2016" report examines the consumer payments market in Germany, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. This report also examines the main regulatory players in the German market.
Despite a strong economy and high levels of financial inclusion, German consumers favor cash for the majority of their day-to-day spending. Payment cards are used sparingly at the point of sale (POS), and the German POS network is among the least developed in Europe. German consumers consider cash to still be the best available option due to a combination of ingrained consumer habits and the German cultural preference for spending within ones means. As a result, alternative payment methods are sharply limited in both usage and consumer interest.
Specifically the report -
- Analyzes consumer attitudes to financial services by lifestage.
- Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Germany are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in Germany by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Less than 10% of German consumers held a revolving credit card in 2015, and of those 80% paid off their balances in full each month.
- German consumers preference for privacy have led them to favor online payment tools that allow them to pay without revealing their account information, meaning PayPal and Sofort are both popular.
- German consumers preference for cash is not tied to the convenience of its use - Germans prefer the anonymity, certainty, and above all control over personal spending afforded by cash.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Germany.
- Learn what trends drive consumer behavior at the macro level and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market.
- Discover consumer sentiments towards various payment tools in the German market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.