Construction in the Netherlands-Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
- July 2019
- 50 pages
In real terms, the Dutch construction industry registered a growth of 7.1% in 2018, following average annual growth of 6.2% during 2014-2017. This was supported by improvements in business confidence and consumer demand, growth in tourism and exports sectors and public and private sector investment in residential and commercial construction projects.
The industry is expected to continue to expand over the forecast period (2019-2023), however, with a decelerating growth rate towards the latter part of forecast period. The industry's output is forecasted to register growth rates of 4.8% in 2019 and 3.2% in 2020. Growth will be driven by the governments efforts to develop the countrys renewable energy infrastructure and improve the housing sector. Additionally, the governments focus on the development of transport infrastructure is expected to support the industry growth. The government plans to invest EUR1 billion (US$1.2 billion) in developing the countrys road and rail infrastructure in 2019.
The industrys output value in real terms is expected to post a CAGR of 3.11% over the forecast period.
GlobalDatas "Construction in the Netherlands - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023", report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Dutch construction industry, including -
- The Dutch construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Dutch construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
- GlobalData expects the residential construction market to retain its leading position over the forecast-period and account for 54.9% of the industrys total value in 2023, driven by the governments plan to build affordable housing in the country. The plan is to build 52,500 housing units in the capital Amsterdam by 2025, which involves the construction of social houses, privately-owned houses and rental houses.
- Infrastructure construction markets growth over the forecast-period will be supported by the governments investments to develop road infrastructure in the country. In March 2019, the government awarded the construction contract to De GroeneBoog consortium for the development of the A16 motorway project. It involves the construction of a new motorway to the periphery of Rotterdam with a total investment of EUR1 billion (US$1.2 billion) by 2024.
- GlobalData expects the energy and utilities construction market to record a forecast-period CAGR of 3.91% in nominal terms in 2023, driven by the governments plan to develop the country's transmission grids in order to accommodate the expanding renewable energy in the country. In 2018, TenneT, the government-owned operator, announced plans to invest EUR6.5 billion (US$7.3 billion) to build new transmission grids to accommodate wind and solar power by 2027.
- Institutional construction markets growth over the forecast-period will be driven by the governments commitment to provide quality education. In the 2019 budget, the government increased its spending towards education, culture and science by 8.8%, going from EUR35.4 billion (US$41.7 billion) in 2018 to EUR38.5 billion (US$44.8 billion) in 2019. Of the total, EUR1.9 billion (US$2.2 billion) will be invested on research and innovation in 2019.
- The total construction project pipeline in the Netherlands as tracked by GlobalData, including all mega projects with a value above US$25 million, stands at EUR45 billion (US$53.1 billion). The pipeline, which includes all projects from pre-planning to execution, has a relatively high share of late-stage development projects, with 78% of the project pipeline by value in the pre-execution and execution stages as of July 2019.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in the Netherlands. It provides -
- Historical (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2023) valuations of the construction industry in the Netherlands, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Construction
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Finland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Clay Product and Refractory Market Size, Status and Forecast 2019-2025