Construction in Romania - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
- June 2018
- 43 pages
Construction activity in Romania was weak throughout 2017, due to low investment in infrastructure projects on the back of political uncertainty and delayed structural reforms. Consequently, the industrys output value registered a decline of 1.2% in real terms in 2017, which was preceded by an average annual growth of 5.8% during 2013-2016.
The industry is expected to recover in 2018, however, with growth continuing through the remainder of the forecast period (2018-2022), supported by a revival in public sector investment in transport, residential and commercial construction projects, coupled with financial assistance provided by the European Union (EU) to develop the countrys overall infrastructure. Additionally, the ongoing 2014-2020 Large Infrastructure Operational Program - under which RON45.3 billion (US$11.3 billion) is being invested until 2020 to develop the countrys transport and energy infrastructure - is expected to support growth.
The industrys output value in real terms increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.42% in the review period (2013-2017), and is expected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 3.35%.
Timetrics Construction in Romania - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022 report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Romanian construction industry, including -
- The Romanian construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Romanian construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
- Timetric expects the residential construction market to retain its leading position over the forecast period, with a share of 45.9% of the industrys total value in 2022, supported by rising residential building permits and new housing financial aid being offered by the government. Accordingly, the government announced plans to provide RON2.0 billion (US$512.6 million) as mortgage loans throughout 2018 under the First House lending program.
- In October 2017, the European Investment Bank (EIB) announced plans to provide support to over 300 start-ups and small and medium scale enterprises in the country by financing 60.0% of the investment needed to initiate a new project. This is expected to add pace to the development of new industrial projects over the forecast period.
- Timetric expects the infrastructure construction market output to record a forecast-period CAGR of 9.89% in nominal terms, supported by the governments effort to upgrade the countrys transport infrastructure to enhance regional connectivity and reduce traffic congestion. Accordingly, under the 2018 budget, the government allocated RON9.1 billion (US$2.4 billion) to develop the countrys transport infrastructure.
- In July 2017, the European Union (EU) announced plans to invest RON8.1 billion (US$2.0 billion) to develop various transport infrastructure projects in the country by 2020. Moreover, in November 2017, the EU granted a loan worth RON1.2 billion (US$301.0 million) to develop the national road E79 project, which will connect Romania with Hungary, Greece and Bulgaria, as well as water infrastructure in Vrancea county. These projects are expected to be completed by 2020.
- The total construction project pipeline in Romania, as tracked by the Construction Intelligence Center (CIC), including all mega projects with a value above US$25 million, stands at RON374.2 billion (US$92.6 billion). The pipeline is skewed to early-stage projects, which account for 56.5% of the pipeline as of May 2018.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Romania. It provides -
- Historical (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2022) valuations of the construction industry in Romania, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants.
Reasons to buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using Timetric's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using Timetric's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Construction
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Finland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Clay Product and Refractory Market Size, Status and Forecast 2019-2025