Construction in Morocco - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
- August 2018
- 43 pages
GlobalData's "Construction in Morocco - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022", report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Moroccan construction industry.
The Moroccan construction industry registered positive growth during the review period (2013-2017) as a whole, but construction activity slowed in 2017, amid austerity measures implemented by the government to reduce the fiscal deficit. The government reduced the fiscal deficit from 4.1% of GDP in 2016 to 3.6% in 2017, and aims to reduce it to 3.0% by 2021. Nevertheless, review-period growth was supported by the governments new Public Private Partnership (PPP) policy, which attracted foreign direct investment in energy and transport infrastructure projects.
The industrys value is expected to pick up over the forecast period (2018-2022), with investments in public infrastructure, energy, commercial and industrial projects, and improvements in consumer and investor confidence. Programs such as the Tourism Vision 2020, Rawaj Vision 2020 and Moroccan Rural Electrification Program, through which the government aims to develop the countrys commercial and energy infrastructure, will support the industrys growth over the forecast period.
The industrys output value in real terms increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.28% during the review period (2013-2017), and is expected to post a CAGR of 3.33% over the forecast period.
The report provides -
- The Moroccan construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Moroccan construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
- GlobalData expects the residential construction market to retain its leading position over the forecast period, with a share of 31.2% of the industrys total value in 2022. Market growth over the forecast period is expected to be supported by government plans to remove slums from the cities by relocating them to other places by 2021, coupled with a rising population and urbanization.
- GlobalData expects infrastructure construction market output to record a forecast-period CAGR of 6.15% in nominal terms. In order to remove traffic congestion in the country, the government is focusing on the development of transport infrastructure. Accordingly, it plans to construct 5,500km of new highways and expressways in the country by 2035.
- To support economic development and growth, the government is focusing on the development of high-speed internet infrastructure across the country. Under the Digital Program 2020, the government plans to invest MAD7.4 billion (US$750.0 million) until 2020 to develop the countrys broadband infrastructure.
- In order to attract foreign manufacturing companies, the government is focusing on the construction of industrial parks in the country with the help of foreign investors. In 2017, the government and the Chinese company HAITE Group signed an agreement to build new industrial parks in the country by 2027.
- The total construction project pipeline in Morocco, as tracked by the Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) and including all mega projects with a value above US$25 million, stands at MAD631.1 billion (US$64.9 billion). The pipeline, which includes all projects from pre-planning to execution, is skewed towards late stage projects, with 76.4% of the pipeline value being in projects in the late stages as of August 2018.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Morocco. It provides -
- Historical (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2022) valuations of the construction industry in Morocco, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants.
Reasons to buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Construction
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Finland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Clay Product and Refractory Market Size, Status and Forecast 2019-2025