Construction in Greece-Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024
- November 2020
- 52 pages
The Greek construction industry continued to maintain strong growth momentum in 2019, with the industry expanding by 12.3% in real terms - up from the 7.9% growth recorded in the previous year. The industry had a good start in 2020 despite the virus outbreak, as construction sites remained operational throughout the crisis. According to the Hellenic Statistical Authority (ELSTAT), the construction industrys value-add grew by 27.1% year on year (YoY) in Q2 2020, and 18.4% YoY in the previous quarter. GlobalData expects the industry to have slowed down in the second half; the industry faces a potential downside risk from the resurgence of COVID-19 cases and the subsequent three-week nationwide lockdown re-imposed in early November. Increased spending in response to the pandemic is expected to further widen the governments fiscal deficit, with the country already having the highest government-debt-to-GDP ratio (187.4%) in the European Union (EU) at the end of Q2 2020.
Over the remaining part of the forecast period (2021-2024), the industry is expected to register an average annual growth rate of 2.5%, supported by investments on transport, renewable energy, residential and commercial infrastructure projects. The government is focusing on the development of renewable energy projects, in line with its target to increase the share of renewable energy in the total consumption mix by 35% over the next ten years. The plan involves a target of producing 7.7GW of solar PV and 7GW of wind capacity by 2030. To achieve this, the country held renewable energy auctions in July 2020, and awarded 472MW of wind and 142MW of solar power projects.
GlobalDatas Construction in Greece - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights into the Greek construction industry, including -
- The Greek construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Greek construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Greece. It provides -
- Historical (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2024) valuations of the construction industry in Greece, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Construction
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Finland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Clay Product and Refractory Market Size, Status and Forecast 2019-2025