Construction in EgyptKey Trends and Opportunities to 2024
- September 2020
- 51 pages
The Construction industry in Egypt had been growing at a fast pace prior to the COVID-19 crisis. The industrys value-add grew by 9.5% in real terms in 2019, following growth of 9% in the previous year. This was driven by the construction of mega projects, which includes new cities, transport infrastructure and residential buildings.
The building and construction sectors were the most resilient in the face of the semi-lockdown imposed during the height of the pandemic. Large infrastructure projects, including the New Administrative Capital (NAC), New Alamein and New Galala, which are highly labor intensive, avoided some of the disruptions experienced by other sectors in the economy, and continued work on schedule. Without public megaprojects, the impact would have been more severe. To create jobs and revive the pandemic-hit economy, in the latest budget for the fiscal year (FY) 2020/2021, which began on July 1st, the government increased the size of its public investment by 35%, going from EGP208 billion (US$12.1 billion) in FY2019/2020 to EGP280.7 billion (US$16.14 billion) in FY2020/2021.
GlobalData expects the countrys construction industry to grow by 7.7% in 2020, although a downside risk exists from the decline in private investments. Previously, in May 2020, the government estimated that the private sector investments could drop by 30% if the crisis exists until the end of the year. However, the industry is expected to gradually stabilize and record an average annual growth of 10% between 2021-2024, supported by investments in transport, petrochemical, industrial, energy, water and residential infrastructure projects. The government plans to invest EGP512 billion (US$32 billion) on Cairo metro expansion over the next four years and EGP325.5 billion (US$19 billion) on the implementation of 11 new petrochemical projects until 2035, and is investing in wind and solar power projects with a combined capacity of 3.1GW, to attain 42% of total energy produced from renewables by 2035
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into Egypts construction industry, including -
- Egypts construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in Egypts construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Egypt. It provides -
- Historical (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2024) valuations of the construction industry in Egypt, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Construction
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Finland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Clay Product and Refractory Market Size, Status and Forecast 2019-2025