Construction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
- August 2019
- Manufacturing & Construction
- 51 pages
Denmarks construction industry regained growth momentum in 2018, with output expanding by 5.7% in real terms - up from 3.3% in 2017. Growth during the review period (2014-2018) averaged 6.2% a year, and was supported by public and private sector investment in infrastructure, energy and residential construction projects. Financial assistance from the European Union (EU) to develop the countrys overall infrastructure also supported industry growth during the review period. In the current Multiannual Financial Framework (2014-2020), the EU plans to allocate DKK11.1 billion (US$2.0 billion) to Denmark, of which DKK7.2 billion (US$1.3 billion) was allocated by the end of 2018.
The industry is expected to continue to expand over the forecast period (2019-2023), however, with a decelerating growth rate. The industry's output is forecasted to register growth rates of 3.3% in 2019 and 3.1% in 2020. Growth will be supported by investment in commercial, infrastructure and renewable energy projects. To reduce traffic congestions in the country, the government is focusing on the development of road and rail transport infrastructure. Moreover, the governments plan to make the country fossil fuel-free by 2050 will attract investment in renewable energy infrastructure.
The industrys output value in real terms is expected to post a CAGR of 2.94% over the forecast period.
GlobalDatas Construction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Danish construction industry, including -
- The Danish construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Danish construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
- GlobalData expects the energy and utilities construction market to record a forecast-period CAGR of 7% in nominal terms, driven by the governments focus on developing the renewable energy infrastructure in the country. In June 2018, the government signed an energy agreement which strengthens the countrys goal of becoming free from fossil fuels by 2050, and producing 55% of its total energy from renewable energy sources by 2030. As a part of this agreement, the government plans to build three off-shore wind farms with a combined capacity of 2,400MW by 2030.
- Growth in the commercial construction market will be supported by investment in logistic buildings, due to rising online e-commerce activity in the country. To support rising demand for e-commerce across the world and provide timely and quality services, in January 2019 the Germany-based logistics company DHL announced plans to expand its business by constructing a logistics hub at Copenhagen International airport. The plan is to invest DKK1 billion (US$0.2 billion) on the construction of a 26,172m2 building, which would also include office buildings. The project is slated for completion in 2023.
- GlobalData expects the infrastructure construction market to record a forecast-period CAGR of 6.58% in nominal terms, driven by the governments focus on improving regional connectivity and investing in new transport networks to reduce travel times. The Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link project aims at connecting Denmark and Germany by a combined road and rail tunnel to reduce transit time. The project involves an investment of DKK52.6 billion (US$8.2 billion) to construct a double-track electrified railway track and a four-lane motorway by 2028. In March 2019, the Danish government announced that construction on the Danish side of the project would commence in the third quarter of 2019.
- Forecast-period growth in the institutional construction market is expected to be driven the governments focus on strengthening research and development (R&D) in the country. In November 2018, the government announced its plan to invest DKK1.4 billion (US$0.2 billion) on R&D throughout 2019. Moreover, in July 2019, the government announced plans to invest DKK1.5 billion (US$0.2 billion) to develop R&D in Artificial Intelligence (AI) in order to reduce costs in the energy, construction, healthcare and transport sectors.
- The total construction project pipeline in Denmark - as tracked by GlobalData, and including all mega projects with a value above US$25 million - stands at DKK490.2 billion (US$77.6 billion). The pipeline, which includes all projects from pre-planning to execution, is skewed towards late-stage projects, with 59.3% of the pipeline value being in projects in the pre-execution and execution stages as of August 2019.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Denmark. It provides -
- Historical (2014-2018) and forecast (2019-2023) valuations of the construction industry in Denmark, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Manufacturing & Construction
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Nuclear Reactor Construction Market 2015-2019
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal High Speed Doors Market by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2022
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Filter, Regulator, and Lubricator Assemblies Market 2017-2021
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Industrial Air Cleaners Market 2017-2021
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Finland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Clay Product and Refractory Market Size, Status and Forecast 2019-2025