Construction in China-Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024
- November 2020
- 49 pages
The Chinese construction industry has already recovered from the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. In Q3 2020, the construction industrys value-add grew by 2%, following year-on-year (Y-o-Y) declines of 1.9% in Q2 and 17.5% in Q1 2020, according to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS). With the gradual resumption of construction activities, the industry has regained growth momentum, and is expected to expand in 2020 as a whole. However, there will only be a marginal expansion compared to its performance in recent years. Chinas construction industry value-add grew by 5.6% in real terms in 2019, following growth of 4.8% in the previous year, driven by strong growth in real estate investment and an increase in fixed asset investments.
To mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic, the country fast-tracked the implementation of major infrastructure projects (except the hard-hit Hubei region), resuming nearly 90% of all major infrastructure projects as soon as mid-March 2020, at a time when major markets across the world had only just started to implement COVID-19 containment measures. In another positive development, real estate and fixed-asset investments have regained growth momentum, following the temporary disruption in the first quarter of the year. Moreover, in September 2020, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) approved 14 fixed-asset investment projects worth CNY177.8 billion (US$25.15 billion), following approvals of CNY68.9 billion (US$10.1 billion) in August 2020.
GlobalData expects the countrys construction industry to grow by 1.9% in 2020 and record an average annual growth of 4.7% between 2021-2024. The industrys growth over the forecast period is expected to be driven by investments on new infrastructure projects, which in addition to transport projects, also includes investments in the areas of 5G networks, Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things and data centers. According to the government-backed think tank, the China Electronic Information Industry Development (CCID), the country is expected to spend CNY10 trillion (US$1.4 trillion) on new infrastructure projects between 2020-2025. The industrys growth will also be driven by investments in renewable energy and residential projects.
GlobalDatas Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights into the Chinese construction industry, including -
- The Chinese construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Chinese construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in China. It provides -
- Historical (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2024) valuations of the construction industry in China, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Construction
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Finland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionConstruction in Denmark - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023
Manufacturing & ConstructionGlobal Clay Product and Refractory Market Size, Status and Forecast 2019-2025