Competing in train manufacturing - Global market undergoing swift development
- October 2017
- Transport & Logistics
- 23 pages
Train manufacturing around the world has experienced significant change over recent years, impacting the extent of competition within the global market. Leading companies are now larger than ever following a spate of mergers and acquisitions, enabling the biggest companies to compete for more contracts in more countries. Yet increased competition overseas has also had a negative impact on some domestic markets; the two leading players in China merged after a period of fierce price reductions. Even in developed economies competition revolves as much around keeping the trust of governments as it does around producing high-quality trains, and this is even more so the case in the developing world.
- The United Kingdom serves as a useful example of the impact transport policy can have on competition among train manufacturers. Several high-profile projects have resulted in extensive orders being placed in a relatively short period of time, attracting much foreign competition.
- Itself the result of a mega-merger between the two leading Chinese train manufacturing companies, CRRC is seeking to expand overseas and has already made a big impact, forcing existing players in several valuable markets to compete harder to win contracts.
- Consolidation has been a leading theme in the market in recent years. Leading companies have raced to acquire companies operating in alternative markets, an easier process than attempting to create new operations from scratch. In response to the Chinese merger, two leading European companies Siemens and Alstom merged, creating a European company capable of competing against CRRC.
- Explores how governments can impact the shape of the train market.
- Looks at the impact of CRRC on the international market.
- Assesses how the industry has changed due to consolidation.
- Analyses the risks and opportunities presented by emerging economies.
Reasons to buy
- How is competition impacted by the transport policies of governments?
- What has been the impact of CRRC on the international market?
- What risks and opportunities do emerging markets conjure?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Transport & Logistics
Transport & LogisticsPoland: cargo ships market
Transport & LogisticsPoland: rail wagons market
Transport & LogisticsPoland: civil airplanes market
Transport & LogisticsGlobal Secure Logistics Market Size, Status and Forecast 2022
AutomotiveAuto Influencers - China - February 2020
AutomotiveAuto Market Beat - Q1 - China - March 2020